GDT: [Nov. 5: 800pm/CBC & SN1] Calgary Flames @ Los Angeles Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Chad Johnson for Anaheim im guessing? Elliot needs to be better but the game was not on him by any means.

I agree he was still great at stopping initial shots, however man his rebound control, puck control, puck tracking, puck handling are all Hiller tier (Aka very bad). Expected save percentage has a lot to do with goalie positioning, and thus if a goalie has a low expected save percentage but a very high adjusted it means they're constantly out of position but are great at actually stopping their gaffs, aka Elliott.

Pekkas Purse

Feb 2, 2010
I agree he was still great at stopping initial shots, however man his rebound control, puck control, puck tracking, puck handling are all Hiller tier (Aka very bad). Expected save percentage has a lot to do with goalie positioning, and thus if a goalie has a low expected save percentage but a very high adjusted it means they're constantly out of position but are great at actually stopping their gaffs, aka Elliott.

While sitting at the game it dawned on me like Hiller he has been brilliant and awful this season.

Changes needed:

Coaching
Goal tending
Defense
Offense
Johnny in the gym

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
While sitting at the game it dawned on me like Hiller he has been brilliant and awful this season.

Changes needed:

Coaching
Goal tending
Defense
Offense
Johnny in the gym

Coaching
Defense
Goaltending
Offense
Johnny in the gym

order.

Coaching has been dead silent. When Engelland is your best Dman you're in trouble. Goaltending has been shaky and Elliott has been terrible in puck ability even though his actual puck stopping has been average. Johnson is far better in puck ability which is why he constantly posts extremely high expected save percentage despite playing on a bad defensive teams. Adjusted is a different story. Offense is good, but we need our top line to get going, this is ridiculous. We should try get Tyler Johnson and unite him with Gaudreau, smallest first line, but a ridiculously powerful punch, besides he's from Spokane (Aka culturally and distance closer to Calgary than Vancouver). However Johnson isn't what I really want, what I really want is Palat. The Paladin-Backlund-Froyo line would easily be the best 2-way forward line in the league.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Just wanted to drop in and continue my vendetta against our former top players.

Gio and brodie, although paired together, are still playing like manure. I'm serious about trading one. Sacrificial lamb and all.

Monahan... Monahan looks like he's not motivated anymore. Maybe he's not the kid we thought he was, maybe that payday was enough to keep him fat and happy for a whole, no effort needed. That's how it feels as a fan. Just gutting. Don't know what to do about him but take his damn letter away immediately.

Hamilton... clearly dislikes Grossman. He played bad tonight but I'll give him a pass because I agree with his assessment of our coaches lunacy. Jokki should have played.

Gaudreau and Bennett are ok this year but not playing to their potential, which makes it appear that they suck and makes them harder to watch.

Elliott has flashes of greatness but on the whole is not any better than Ramo.

Tkachuk played well. Kulak played awesome. Engelland I have liked the last few games. If we lose Backlund someday I'll cry.

Fire gluten. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hamilton... clearly dislikes Grossman. He played bad tonight but I'll give him a pass because I agree with his assessment of our coaches lunacy. Jokki should have played.

. [mod]

Hamilton has proven to be "slow". He does not adapt to change easily. It takes him a dozen games or so to adjust. It's idiocy for GG to keep changing his partner.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Just wanted to drop in and continue my vendetta against our former top players.

Gio and brodie, although paired together, are still playing like manure. I'm serious about trading one. Sacrificial lamb and all.

Monahan... Monahan looks like he's not motivated anymore. Maybe he's not the kid we thought he was, maybe that payday was enough to keep him fat and happy for a whole, no effort needed. That's how it feels as a fan. Just gutting. Don't know what to do about him but take his damn letter away immediately.

Gaudreau and Bennett are ok this year but not playing to their potential, which makes it appear that they suck and makes them harder to watch.

Elliott has flashes of greatness but on the whole is not any better than Ramo.

Tkachuk played well. Kulak played awesome. Engelland I have liked the last few games. If we lose Backlund someday I'll cry.

Fire gluten. [mod]

If Giordano is to go what team would fit him best? I'd say Tampa, he'd instantly make them contenders if it doesn't involve Hedman coming our way. And yes there are some pieces that I'd love to have on the Flames in exchange for Giordano that doesn't include Hedman (Although Hedman would be awesome), nor Stamkos.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Yuck. They need to drop Grossmann on a corner he doesn't know in South Central on their way to Anaheim. If he makes it to Stockton maybe he can do the team's laundry.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
If Giordano is to go what team would fit him best? I'd say Tampa, he'd instantly make them contenders if it doesn't involve Hedman coming our way. And yes there are some pieces that I'd love to have on the Flames in exchange for Giordano that doesn't include Hedman (Although Hedman would be awesome), nor Stamkos.

Gio wouldn't make anyone a contender, with his recent play and he probably wouldn't get talks started on any young stars. I'd say the Islanders would be the best fit, maybe a package involving a struggling, high end young player, like Strome and a roster player for cap purposes. That being said, we're better off letting him work through his issues first, raising his value.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Yuck. They need to drop Grossmann on a corner he doesn't know in South Central on their way to Anaheim. If he makes it to Stockton maybe he can do the team's laundry.

I wouldn't even trust him doing that. He'd be too slow to get the jerseys ready for the games.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Gio wouldn't make anyone a contender, with his recent play and he probably wouldn't get talks started on any young stars. I'd say the Islanders would be the best fit, maybe a package involving a struggling, high end young player, like Strome and a roster player for cap purposes. That being said, we're better off letting him work through his issues first, raising his value.

I have to agree, and I don't see Tampa taking on Gio's cap commitment. What about NYR? We take back a bad contract (Staal or girardi) and get jt Miller + a pick

Oil Dude

Jan 10, 2010
Alberta
I have to agree, and I don't see Tampa taking on Gio's cap commitment. What about NYR? We take back a bad contract (Staal or girardi) and get jt Miller + a pick

No offense guys but you are over valuing Giordano by quite a bit. His age + his contract + his play = a draft pick , 2nd rounder tops.

Better off letting him play and let him work out his issues and get back to the form he was two years ago , that would be more valuable to you guys right now.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
No offense guys but you are over valuing Giordano by quite a bit. His age + his contract + his play = a draft pick , 2nd rounder tops.

Better off letting him play and let him work out his issues and get back to the form he was two years ago , that would be more valuable to you guys right now.
GTFO with this nonsense.

1. Gio is going nowhere
2. He is easily worth more than a 2nd, this isn't the Oilers where we have to give away players because the culture of losing is so deep no one will touch our players.

Oil Dude

Jan 10, 2010
Alberta
GTFO with this nonsense.

1. Gio is going nowhere
2. He is easily worth more than a 2nd, this isn't the Oilers where we have to give away players because the culture of losing is so deep no one will touch our players.

Sorry , forgot you guys are winning the cup this year.

If you actually that post you might realize that I was suggesting that you guys keep Giordano around because he has more value to you playing than he does in a trade.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010

Don't think I'd touch either of those contracts, even if it meant getting Miller back

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

His value is definitely more than a "2nd rounder tops," though I'm interested in what Ja Rule's opinion on the matter is. Someone ask Ja.

And yes, of course the Flames are keeping him. He's in the first year of his new contract, he's the captain of the team, and he's capable of playing much better than he is right now. If we were going to trade him, we should trade Gaudreau, Monahan and Brodie at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->