GDT: [Nov. 5: 800pm/CBC & SN1] Calgary Flames @ Los Angeles Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Bet 10 bucks on the flames to win in regulation on bodog tonight.

In a fit of rage I fired up the roulette game on the site and put my entire account ($30) on red. I won.

All in all, twas an ok night.

#ReverseTheCurse tomorrow in Anaheim.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
rhe draft isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. No stars. But solid pieces nonetheless.

Lias Andersson- he's the guy to watch IMO. Putting up pretty good numbers in the SHL which is pretty rare.

Kristian Vesalianen- strong power forward type. Speed. Two way play. Could use a guy like that.

Lilljegren certainly wouldn't hurt

Cal Foote- has the size/skill we could use on the back end.

Nick Hague is a 6'5 D in the OHL and near a PPG

Tolvanen is a scorer.

Nico Hischier is lighting up the Q and opening some eyes.

Owen Tippett has 15 goals in 15 games in the OHL

Gabe Vilardi is ripping up the OHL.

Michael Rassmussen is 6'5 and lighting up the WHL.

Then there's Patrick

That includes no Americans and there has gotta be a few good ones of those too. Those guys all project to be top six F or top four D.

Any team that misses the playoffs will get a good prospect pretty much. And I'm m sure there are a few hidden gems beyond that too.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
One of the worst hockey games I've ever seen. Seriously, what happened. Monahan is terrible as usual. There's something wrong with Giordano and Brodie right now. Never use Grossman again. Elliott actually played very well, however he's giving me nightmares about Hiller agian. Elliott's rebound control, puck tracking, and puck control is just as bad as Hiller's, and that along with the Flames inability to recover is why we're getting burned. St. Louis rarely gave up initial shots, something the Flames give up a lot of, and if they do they can eliminate secondary chances well, something the Flames can't do. Elliott doesn't help in that regard, he's only better than Hiller in stopping the initial shot.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
yep we got shutout by Peter freakin Budaj

nsr.gif

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Good
Tkachuk feed to Backlund in the first was a beauty.
Gaudreau-Bennett-Brouwer generated some chances despite seeing a lot of ice time against a very good Kopitar line.
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik continued to generate chances
Kulak-Engelland looked more like a top pair than a bottom pair.
Kulak in general. Remember how around when I made my HF account there was somebody on this board berating me for saying Brett Kulak was the most likely of our prospects (at the time) to be a top four defenseman, not Wotherspoon or Culkin? I feel vindicated.
Elliott made a lot of great saves
No power play goals against!

Bad
Giordano-Brodie didn't have their best night at all against the Kings' lower lines. Brodie got turned in goal 2 and Gio was out of position on goal 5.
The players on a whole generally had a lot of soft clears and horrible breakouts. The Kings put on a clinic tonight on them and they had no pushback
Elliott struggled a bit with rebound control.
Power play did not score, again.

Ugly
Brouwer, Ferland, Gaudreau all had some horrible giveaways. Your wingers need to manage the puck. They should learn from 18 year old Tkachuk.
Hamilton was the goat on two, maybe even three goals tonight. His worst game since some of those fiascos early last year. He looked like the rookie, not Kulak.
Grossmann was absolutely outmatched - foot speed, first pass, everything. Looked like an AHLer in a SCF game.
Actually giveaways deserve a second mention. They looked Oiler-esque tonight. Totally unprepared

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Good
Tkachuk feed to Backlund in the first was a beauty.
Gaudreau-Bennett-Brouwer generated some chances despite seeing a lot of ice time against a very good Kopitar line.
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik continued to generate chances
Kulak-Engelland looked more like a top pair than a bottom pair.
Kulak in general. Remember how around when I made my HF account there was somebody on this board berating me for saying Brett Kulak was the most likely of our prospects (at the time) to be a top four defenseman, not Wotherspoon or Culkin? I feel vindicated.
Elliott made a lot of great saves
No power play goals against!

Bad
Giordano-Brodie didn't have their best night at all against the Kings' lower lines. Brodie got turned in goal 2 and Gio was out of position on goal 5.
The players on a whole generally had a lot of soft clears and horrible breakouts. The Kings put on a clinic tonight on them and they had no pushback
Elliott struggled a bit with rebound control.
Power play did not score, again.

Ugly
Brouwer, Ferland, Gaudreau all had some horrible giveaways. Your wingers need to manage the puck. They should learn from 18 year old Tkachuk.
Hamilton was the goat on two, maybe even three goals tonight. His worst game since some of those fiascos early last year. He looked like the rookie, not Kulak.
Grossmann was absolutely outmatched - foot speed, first pass, everything. Looked like an AHLer in a SCF game.
Actually giveaways deserve a second mention. They looked Oiler-esque tonight. Totally unprepared

Elliott's rebound control was Hiller-esque, thank goodness he's far better at stopping the initial shot, however I still felt we should have went after Bishop. Bishop alone could have prevented a lot of the secondary chances that our defense bleeds, whereas Elliott not only doesn't prevent them but adds salt to the already bad secondary chances we bleed ouch...

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Chad Johnson for Anaheim im guessing? Elliot needs to be better but the game was not on him by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->