Notice - Teams Over the $40M Hard Cap

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
With the season about to commence, it appears that there are several teams still over the $40M hard cap - Boston, Montreal, Chicago, and Washington.

Since it appears that there may have been some confusion over the application of the hard cap, these teams are being given until Day 10 to get in line with the cap. Failure to do so will be met with the following penalties:

$1-$500K over the cap: 4th round pick
$500,001-$1M over: 3rd round pick
$1M-$2M over: 2nd round pick
$2M-$3M over: 1st round pick
$3M+ over: 1st round pick plus possible additional penalties, which may include dismissal

A file will be posted within the next couple of days outlining where everyone stands in relation to the cap.

Matt Gledhill
HFNHL Commissioner

HFNHL Red Wings

Just for reference the top 21 players used in the salary cap calculations are as follows:
- Top 3 OV at each forward position (9 total)
- Top 6 OV defenceman
- Top 2 OV goalies
- Next 4 top OV players at ANY position
It does not matter if the player is on the farm team or not.

The 4 above are definitely known to be over the cap and there are a few close that may actually be above so if you're uncertain I recommend you check for yourself.
There's a number of trades, contract signings, and position changes still filtering in so a few days after 'Day 10' the first measurement results will be posted. Check your team as we won't accept anyone saying I didn't know I was over the cap.

HFNHL Red Wings

Reminder that game 10 is effectively tonight (even though the game will be simmed tommorrow). The salary cap measurement will be based on current rosters plus any trade confirmations received by midnight tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad