Notice a trend with the players speaking out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Spackler

Mar 9, 2004
Has anyone else noticed that the bulk of the reports of players speaking out in favour of a cap have been coming from Canadian teams (Ribeiro, Dagenais, Commodore, Ference)? Is this yet another indicator to the NHLPA that Canada is one of the few places where the fact that NHL hockey is not being played has actually been noticed? The fact that players from Canadian teams are the ones being reported as speaking up shows me that in the US players of a simialr calibre aren't being interviewed. How could this be? Perhaps not too may people outside Canada really care that hockey has been paralyzed by greed....

The NHL is arguably at an all time low in terms of prominence in the US, yet the players seem to believe that the gravy train should never come to an end....Where is all the money supposed to be coming from? If the NHL cancels the entire season will hockey forever be regulated to novelty sport status in the US outside of Detroit, Minnesota, Philly and other like northern cities?

Time for the players to wake up and accept that their salaries have to be tied to revenue in order to make the NHL a viable enterprise and to promote their sport once again. Wait too much longer and watch the goose that laid the golden egg slowly die away....Then all the NHLer's can enjoy receiving salaries tied to the TV revenues they bring in. Attaboys, let's achieve parity with the arena footballers!

But then again, the NHLPA is primarily concerned with ensuring that their top 10-15% of players are overly compensated. If that means costing 150-200 other players an extremely good living what does that matter? A good union ensures jobs for all its members before prioritizing the earning capacity of the upper echelon.....

I.am.ca

Well all 4 players you mentioned are Canadian players from Canadian teams.

But yeah, i dunno, who cares anymore?

iAvs

JUST WIN
Mar 1, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
www.flickr.com
I.am.ca said:
Well all 4 players you mentioned are Canadian players from Canadian teams.

But yeah, i dunno, who cares anymore?

Yea.... where are the NY Rangers interviews? lol

If I hear something from players from the top payroll teams, I'll listen up.

Carl Spackler

Mar 9, 2004
Steve L said:
Maybe they all come from Canadian teams because the US media doesnt give a crap about the lockout and arent interviewing their counterparts?

Exactly the point I was trying to make :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad