Notable Undrafteds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
montreal said:
I missed the last few picks, did Jannik Hansen or Alex Akseneko get drafted?

Who ended up with RJ Anderson?

Anderson was taken 101st by Philly

Jannik Hansen was takent in the 9th round by Vancouver, 287th...lol

Akseneko was not drafted as far as I know.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Did Roman Wick get drafted ? Also I havent seen Anton Belov and Dmitri? Mikhailishkin yet. Those two were supposed to be rising up the ranks Pushkaryov style.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Stevex said:
Did Roman Wick get drafted ? Also I havent seen Anton Belov and Dmitri? Mikhailishkin yet. Those two were supposed to be rising up the ranks Pushkaryov style.

Belov withdrew from the draft, Mikhailshin was picked by the Devils in round 5, but Maglinsky was passed over. I'm not sure on Wick.

Renaud Des Alliers is another player I'm surprised was passed over.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Petey21 said:
For me it was a surprise that Mattias Hellström from Sweden (MoDo Hockey) didn't get drafted (and also that his teammate Oscar Hedman was drafted as late as in the 5th round, I was sure he'd go in the first day, but at least he did get drafted though).

I was shocked that he was still there for the Caps as well (Hedman)...

There was talk of taking him in the 2nd definitely, and not even letting him go to the 3rd in other sources. I'm not sure why his stock dropped so rapidly.

rebedom

Nov 27, 2003
Stevex said:

Wick was picked in the 5th round by Ottawa.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Boomhower said:
Belov withdrew from the draft, Mikhailshin was picked by the Devils in round 5, but Maglinsky was passed over. I'm not sure on Wick.

Renaud Des Alliers is another player I'm surprised was passed over.

I'm not surprised Des Alliers wasn't picked. He's really not very good at all. He got off to a hot start because of a good camp that landed him on a line with Talbot and Daoust. After he was dumped from that line, he was dealt for Guillaume Fournier. He probably had about 5-10 points in the entire season after those first 15 games on a line with Talbot and Daoust. That and he's slow and not particularily bright.

I'm shocked Tsimkalis wasn't picked. He scored a point a game in the OHL, is not too small, is not that slow, and he gives you 110% every night. I can't believe my Senators picked Joe Cooper who had 1 goal (his only point of the year) in college this year over Tsimkalis.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hossa said:
I'm not surprised Des Alliers wasn't picked. He's really not very good at all. He got off to a hot start because of a good camp that landed him on a line with Talbot and Daoust. After he was dumped from that line, he was dealt for Guillaume Fournier. He probably had about 5-10 points in the entire season after those first 15 games on a line with Talbot and Daoust. That and he's slow and not particularily bright.

I'm shocked Tsimkalis wasn't picked. He scored a point a game in the OHL, is not too small, is not that slow, and he gives you 110% every night. I can't believe my Senators picked Joe Cooper who had 1 goal (his only point of the year) in college this year over Tsimkalis.

I couldnt agree more about Des Ailliers. He had like 10 goals in the first 2 weeks of the year thanx to Talbot and Daoust.

However, i still would have picked him.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
I couldnt agree more about Des Ailliers. He had like 10 goals in the first 2 weeks of the year thanx to Talbot and Daoust.

However, i still would have picked him.

I think Des Alliers could have been a fair 7-9 round pick. But I dont' find it surprising he fell through.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
mazmin said:
Joe Barnes! I may be biased towards him but his stats obviously didn't do him justice this year. He battled injuries and played on the worst team in the league with poor linemates. I was very suprised he wasn't picked...I'd have called him a steal in the 5th Round despite the lack of a "showcase" season. :dunno: Whatever.

Joe barnes played on the worst team in the chl by a mile....that couldnt have helped him I also think that playing on saskatoon made mike green fall at least 10 spots further then he would have been.

Angered Hab

Apr 23, 2003
Great White North
Visit site
What options does Tsimikalis have? Can someone sign him? If so, what teams might be interested? Does he go into next year's draft? I think he is talented, but maybe some of his earlier problems involving his dad had something to do with teams avoiding him?

gongshow

Jun 9, 2004
etown
joe barnes is a good player, playing on saskatoon doesnt help anyones confidence... I dont see a player going 2nd overall in the bantamn draft and then not going hire in the draft if he was in.... the top 3 picks in that draft were
1st overall Kyle Chipchura who went 18th overall to montreal
2nd joe barnes?
and 3rd Mark "Fisticuffs" Fistric who went 28th to dallas
So if these guys went this high you would think joe would've been in the middle such as 23 or 24th

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
gongshow said:
joe barnes is a good player, playing on saskatoon doesnt help anyones confidence... I dont see a player going 2nd overall in the bantamn draft and then not going hire in the draft if he was in.... the top 3 picks in that draft were
1st overall Kyle Chipchura who went 18th overall to montreal
2nd joe barnes?
and 3rd Mark "Fisticuffs" Fistric who went 28th to dallas
So if these guys went this high you would think joe would've been in the middle such as 23 or 24th

CHL drafts have very little to do with NHL draft.

Alex Picard was a 4th rd pick in the Q and went 8th overall.

Aubin and Latendresse were in teh top 5 and went undrafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->