Notable Prospects not in HF's top 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
Starsfan09 said:
Call me a homer, but what does Jussi Jokinen have to do to get any respect? He has outplayed/outproduced Mikko Koivu at EVERY level, but because his older brother isnt an NHL star and he wasnt a high 1st rounder, he's nowhere to be found?(thanks to GLU for that little piece....took it off Andrew's :D )

That should say every level since their draft year. Koivu blew Jokinen out of the water in their draft year, but since, Jokinen has about equalled or bettered Koivu in terms of production every year.

velema

Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
Starsfan09 said:
Call me a homer, but what does Jussi Jokinen have to do to get any respect? He has outplayed/outproduced Mikko Koivu at EVERY level, but because his older brother isnt an NHL star and he wasnt a high 1st rounder, he's nowhere to be found?(thanks to GLU for that little piece....took it off Andrew's :D )
Jokinen vs. Koivu statistical comparison

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
From the CBJ:

Danny Fritsche. Made the CBJ out of camp last year. Played solid (though only one goal) in 20 NHL games, went to WJC and played solid, returned to juniors and continued solid play (29 pts in 27 games, 16 goals). Had 2 goals in 4 games at Syracuse (AHL).

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Doug Mclean to GM X:"Fritche played in the NHL as an 18 year old"

GM X to Doug Mclean:"we'll give you a 5th round pick and 6 water bottles"

GM Doug Mclean to GM X:"We'll take it!!"

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Minnesota Norse Star said:
Doug Mclean to GM X:"Fritche played in the NHL as an 18 year old"

GM X to Doug Mclean:"we'll give you a 5th round pick and 6 water bottles"

GM Doug Mclean to GM X:"We'll take it!!"

Is this a shot at Fritsche or a shot at MacLean?

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Fritsche would've been a surefire first round pick if he didn't have his genetic shoulder injuries. 2 years ago he and O'Sullivan were being compared with Staal and Horton.

Sammy*

CBJSlash said:
Fritsche would've been a surefire first round pick if he didn't have his genetic shoulder injuries. 2 years ago he and O'Sullivan were being compared with Staal and Horton.
With respect, if its & buts were peanuts & nuts, every day would be Christmas.
If Berehowsky didnt blow out his knee in junior, he was been touted as the next Orr.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Sammy said:
With respect, if its & buts were peanuts & nuts, every day would be Christmas.
If Berehowsky didnt blow out his knee in junior, he was been touted as the next Orr.

I'm not saying anything about Fritsche being the second coming of anybody. Simply stating that he would've been a first rounder. His dad had to get the same surgeries on his shoulder and never has had a problem since. He'll be a two way second line center.

pavel13

Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
DeathFromAbove said:
I was one of the ten who worked on the list and I can tell you who the last couple to just miss the list were:

Hugh Jessiman
Jesse Niinimaki
Igor Knyazev
Anton Babchuk (he was not forgotten)
Jim Slater
Mikael Yakubov
Jeff Taffe
Ari Ahonen
Jani Rita
Trevor Daley

There were a bunch of others receiving votes, but this is a list of those on the bubble.
I think it would be a good idea to publish the list of "others recieving votes" for HF's top 50. That way, there would probably be fewer people saying "hey, you forgot _________."

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
pavel13 said:
I think it would be a good idea to publish the list of "others recieving votes" for HF's top 50. That way, there would probably be fewer people saying "hey, you forgot _________."

There's way to many. There are a number of prospects receiving votes that did not make the list. I'd say, overall, some 80 prospects received at least one vote (1 vote = 50th on a list of 50).

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
slimer said:
No, Belle was one of the Best Canadian defenseman at the world jrs. Shkotov was one of the most exciting players in the Q this year. I don't think Hudler has anything on Shkotov.

I am not quite sure that Belle should be in the top 50. For sure the top 75 or 100, but not top 50.

Personally, I think Blues prospects are overlooked because the page is never updated. Look at the review, Hemmingway our top prospect??? I think the reason our prospects never get any respect because we don't really talk them up.

Noone really ever mentions guys like Zakharov (how, IMO is the best prospect in the organization) and Shkotov and rairly Belle.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Did anybody mention Maxime Talbot yet. I don't understand why he doesn't
get more respect.If he leads his team to a memorial cup victory will he get
any respect then ?

gretzky1545

Jun 8, 2004
DeathFromAbove said:
There's way to many. There are a number of prospects receiving votes that did not make the list. I'd say, overall, some 80 prospects received at least one vote (1 vote = 50th on a list of 50).

well list the top 10 vote getters outside of the top 50, like the coaches poll in NCAA football.

PEli*

Hercules Rockefeller said:
Considering it was in his first AHL game, and was the game-winner, it looks like he is on his way to proving people wrong.

The comparison to Sarno is one of the worst I've heard in a long time. Yes, Sarno led the OHL in scoring once, but he was picked in the sixth round, hence he was never supposed to be a good NHLer. Corey Locke is more like Sarno.

I think Perry is gonna be the guy who proves everyone wrong. People have said that he won't do good, yet half of them likely haven't seen him play. His weak points are his skating and strength, but I don't think people decided to consider that he may work on those weak points this summer. He should be a good 2nd line RW on Anaheim in the future, and it's beyond me how Jani Rita was on the bubble for the top 50 before he was.

Jeez. Almost sounds like you're talking about Simon Gamache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad