Not Much Came Out of NHL / PA Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The one thing I'm wondering about this article though is the numbers we've been hearing over and over was a hard cap offer of 31 million. If you take that as a % of 2.1 Billion (listed in the article quoted by Bill Daly...), they're only offering the players 44% of revenues. 53% is closer to 38 million which would not be far off the current average payroll....... the current average of around 42 mill represents 60% of 2.1 Bill. I'm thinking the owners certainly have some room to get this thing done satisfactorilly & quickly.

Just forget about the wannabe's in Carolina/Pittsburg/Anaheim/Florida, etc and let them decide whether they want to sink or swim in the big pool.........

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I think the evidence shows Carolina/Pittsburg/Anaheim/Florida are all capable of using the system to their advantage to build a great team now, and all can be successful when they do. Especially with some tweaks to the system.

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
thinkwild said:
I think the evidence shows Carolina/Pittsburg/Anaheim/Florida are all capable of using the system to their advantage to build a great team now, and all can be successful when they do. Especially with some tweaks to the system.

Carolina had a payroll of 35 mill last year and claims to have lost 22...... Pittsburg's payroll since they got rid of Jagr, Kovelov, etc has been in the mid-20's and a good chunk of that went to the owner. They're still trading away anyone making more then 6 figures...... I just don't see how a high 30's salary cap is going to save these guys....

Brent Burns Beard