Not Much Came Out of NHL / PA Meeting

Discussion in 'The Business of Hockey' started by Cawz, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cawz

Cawz Registered User

Home Page:
  2. Benji Frank

Benji Frank Registered User

Home Page:
    The one thing I'm wondering about this article though is the numbers we've been hearing over and over was a hard cap offer of 31 million. If you take that as a % of 2.1 Billion (listed in the article quoted by Bill Daly...), they're only offering the players 44% of revenues. 53% is closer to 38 million which would not be far off the current average payroll....... the current average of around 42 mill represents 60% of 2.1 Bill. I'm thinking the owners certainly have some room to get this thing done satisfactorilly & quickly.

Just forget about the wannabe's in Carolina/Pittsburg/Anaheim/Florida, etc and let them decide whether they want to sink or swim in the big pool.........

3. thinkwild

thinkwild Veni Vidi Toga

I think the evidence shows Carolina/Pittsburg/Anaheim/Florida are all capable of using the system to their advantage to build a great team now, and all can be successful when they do. Especially with some tweaks to the system.

4. Benji Frank

Home Page:
    Carolina had a payroll of 35 mill last year and claims to have lost 22...... Pittsburg's payroll since they got rid of Jagr, Kovelov, etc has been in the mid-20's and a good chunk of that went to the owner. They're still trading away anyone making more then 6 figures...... I just don't see how a high 30's salary cap is going to save these guys....

5. Brent Burns Beard

Brent Burns Beard DontTouchMyDonskoi!

Home Page:
    well, why doesnt the NHL ask for a hard cap of 13m then, since clearly CRL cant afford to even carry a payroll of 31m.

if this lockout is to save crap markets like CRL, then tell me how a 31m cap will do that for CRL who cant even afford a 15m payroll without losing money.

dr

6. Motown Beatdown

Motown Beatdown Need a slump buster

Home Page:

The Canes shouldn't have a revenue problem. According to Peter Karmanos own words, they are ranked around 16th or 17th in terms of revenue. But they still lose 22 million dollars a year.

:dunno:

7. Benji Frank

Home Page:
    Sure. If you think that will fly.

I'm not sure where you got the idea I want to save the Carolina's of the NHL. i'll go back and re-read my posts and try to see where maybe I might have to clarify my thoughts for you Mr. Reality.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.