Norway: Norwegians in the NHL

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yeah well we discussed this NHL hockey imperialism,but still if those players can be on your roster its a huge boost so its kind of a double edged sword.
Fortunatley for Latvia even if we had like 3-4 good players in NHL we still would have plenty of quality players in KHL to choose from,so what i`m trying to say is depth is a very important thing!

Norway and Latvia still have much better depth than Denmark.

Latvia has 31 in KHL (ok not all regulars), Norway 3, Denmark 0
Norway has 13 in SEL, Denmark 3, Latvia 1 (and with Nicklas Jensen probably leaving for NHL next season and Jesper B. Jensen going down with Røgle in all likelyhood its only 1 next season-Morten Madsen).
Denmark 2 in SM-liiga, Latvia 1, Norway 1.
Denmark 4 in DEL, Latvia 2, Norway 1.
Latvia 2 in NLA, Denmark 1, Norway 0

Conclusion: 37 Latvia, Norway 18, Denmark 10.

So most of team Denmark without NHL players are 9 allsvenskan and 4 al-bank liga!

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Cmon blue jackets got a lot of picks this year and they seem to screw up every draft. Have faith my swedish brother. We are gonna see a norwegian or two drafted in the first round. Have faith :cheers: :cheers:

and Columbus miss Espen Knutsen so much that they will go crazy about Norwegian prospects :D

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

Norway has 13 in SEL, Denmark 3, Latvia 1 (and with Nicklas Jensen probably leaving for NHL next season and Jesper B. Jensen going down with Røgle in all likelyhood its only 1 next season-Morten Madsen).

So most of team Denmark without NHL players are 9 allsvenskan and 4 al-bank liga!

Were #1,were #1:sarcasm::sarcasm: But still i would like atleast 5 NHL players to our hockey pool and then i can be happy :handclap:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town

Eh Patrick Thoresen plays for the red army. mmm that should give us a bonus point! :rant: :help:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well i use the get league ranking. Norway got 184 players, Latvia 2 and Denmark 1. Congrats with silver :nod:

:laugh: well Latvia will get Kongsberg silver and we really miss that here in Denmark :sarcasm:
I have been to Kongsberg and going deep into the mine...that was fantastic.
They have an enormous piece of threaded natural silver from Kongsberg at the Geological Museum in Copenhagen!

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
:laugh: well Latvia will get Kongsberg silver and we really miss that here in Denmark :sarcasm:
I have been to Kongsberg and going deep into the mine...that was fantastic.
They have an enormous piece of threaded natural silver from Kongsberg at the Geological Museum in Copenhagen!

Yupp ;) Made in Norway uuuuu :laugh:

Yeah "back in the day" Norway was Denmark colony hehe ;) Danish north India

Im gonna quote Smygol. "They stole it from us" "Thieves Thieves" :laugh:

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Ehem no its 4 goals in 163 games. But im talking about his magic boxing hands :laugh:

Columbus 145 + Philadelphia 18 = 163 (I was only counting the Columbus one's).

Boxing hands are "hopefully" upper body work.....otherwise it get's really dirty :laugh:
But they were magic, but they can't beat Jannik Hansen poking referee's in the back!
Remember Jannik Hansen going "a-mok" on the norwegian team last WC....was it Tollefsen that made him mad?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Has a Norwegian prospect ever gone the CHL-route before getting drafted? I know Winkler played some midget hockey was it(?) but has anybody ever gone through the CHL, USHL or NCAA? Seeing as Denmark and Norway are almost equally close to Sweden you think the prospects would chose some what alike Sweden vs. NA-wise.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Has a Norwegian prospect ever gone the CHL-route before getting drafted? I know Winkler played some midget hockey was it(?) but has anybody ever gone through the CHL, USHL or NCAA? Seeing as Denmark and Norway are almost equally close to Sweden you think the prospects would chose some what alike Sweden vs. NA-wise.

Well Tollefsen moved from Norway to NA. He developed in WHL and got drafted.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Columbus 145 + Philadelphia 18 = 163 (I was only counting the Columbus one's).

Boxing hands are "hopefully" upper body work.....otherwise it get's really dirty :laugh:
But they were magic, but they can't beat Jannik Hansen poking referee's in the back!
Remember Jannik Hansen going "a-mok" on the norwegian team last WC....was it Tollefsen that made him mad?

Yupp Tollefsen was brilliant. In the first game vs Sweden he pissed off Landeskog and Franzen. Both of em ended up in the penalty box and we got a couple of pp. Against Denmark he did the same lol ;) The iihf refs sucked and Tollefsen knew it :D

Gotta love that big ******* :laugh: He uses his magic hands when the refs are not looking!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Just a call to wake up the Norwegians here on HF boards. You have NHL presence......(maybe all the attention has been on KHL?)

Zuccarello scored his first regular goal for Rangers in the 2-4 defeat to Philadelphia.
With this loss Rangers are in danger of not getting through to the playoffs which open up for Zucarello playing in the WC.

Night owl

Jan 10, 2011
Norwegian mountains
Just a call to wake up the Norwegians here on HF boards. You have NHL presence......(maybe all the attention has been on KHL?)

Zuccarello scored his first regular goal for Rangers in the 2-4 defeat to Philadelphia.
With this loss Rangers are in danger of not getting through to the playoffs which open up for Zucarello playing in the WC.
I know, I have been watching every Rangers game since his return. It's a win/win for us who love to watch Zucc play, either way we'll see him in action. :nod:

Tigergutt

Nov 22, 2010
Bærum, Norway
Cmon blue jackets got a lot of picks this year and they seem to screw up every draft. Have faith my swedish brother. We are gonna see a norwegian or two drafted in the first round. Have faith :cheers: :cheers:

Thats why they brought in JD from St. Louis and his old buddy Jarmo Kekäläinen. Whith their merit list regarding draft picks they sure will do some smart choices

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00