GDT: Norway vs Slovakia, Dec 29, 6am

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Looks like winner of this group plays Finland in the quarters for the time being. Not sure we really want to give it all to try and upset USA.
I don't believe the US will want to lose that game. They will want to keep the momentum going and will be confident that they can take care of Finland.

Still, I guess it will be a perfect time to give Gajan a rest.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Certainly didn’t expect this. Slovaks have looked so in sync offensively.
Norway hasn’t really played their game like they did against USA and Czechs.

Thought it could be close for a couple periods. Slovak offence way too good. My oh my,

Reactions: Pomee

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
The final minutes are turning into an uneccessary mess. The game is decided and there is quite a lot of dirty plays, trash talks and other not very nice things from both sides. Why? Looks like some players on both teams stopped focusing on hockey and are just insulting their opponents verbally and sometimes even physically. Needless.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I doubt Slovakia is enjoying the third period. Too sloppy, too undisciplined, not good habits going into their next game.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I don't believe the US will want to lose that game. They will want to keep the momentum going and will be confident that they can take care of Finland.

Still, I guess it will be a perfect time to give Gajan a rest.
100% agree. I’d play Urban against Americans. I really hope Ciernik is not out, although I didn’t mind Kukumberg’s game.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
100% agree. I’d play Urban against Americans. I really hope Ciernik is not out, although I didn’t mind Kukumberg’s game.
It’s a bit tricky though, the Finland-Sweden game is after the US-Slovak game, so the actual third place team from the other group might not be known at the time. Dropping the game thinking you get Germany might still backfire and you get to play Finland/Sweden. Although, Slovaks are an underdog against the US one way or another, even if not overwhelmingly so.

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
I didn't have any high hopes for this one. Slovakian team too good. Nice to see Brandsegg-Nygaard get one on the board at least.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Norway mailed this one in today... sliced and diced by the Slovaks..

If Norway don't defend as 5 and as if their lives depend on it.... they go down which would be a shame as they have more talent than Latvia..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad