WC: Norway 2024 roster talk

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
With Pettersen seemingly not going because of playoffs in AHL, i am kind of wondering who will take the 1C spot with Thoresen and Zuccarello on the wings.

My gut feeling tells me that it could be Eirik Salsten who has been of fire this year with Storhamar where he played with Thoresen.

The next three lines is actually not that easy this year, as Norway has begun to get more and more young and good players out in Leagues as SHL/HockeyAllsvenskan/DEL/Liiga ++

My guess is:

Thoresen - Salsten - Zuccarello
Olsen - Vikingstad - Brandsegg-Nygård
Trettenes - K.A Olimb - Granath
Vesterheim - Østrem Salsten - Hoff/Steen

Granholm, Steen/Hoff, (Berg Paulsen) as reserves. But there is also some jokers from Storhamar/Vålerenga if for instance Martinsen, Johnsen, Olimb ++ says yes, and f.ex Bakke Olsen who was crowned rookie of the year in HockeyAllsvenskan this season.

At defense we acould get Lilleberg, but both Tampa Bay and Syracuse is in the playoffs, and because of that he would be a nice surprise if showing up and not something I take into account for now.

Solberg - Johannessen
Engeland Andersen - Engebråten
Nørstebø - Holm
Kåsastul - Hansen

Hurrød could be in the mix after a good season with Storhamar.

Goaliewise we struggle a bit, and Arntzen, Haukeland and Normann is really not that strong but ok. Stensrud was quite good for Storhamar in playoffs, but he struggled a lot in U20 champs last time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
With Pettersen seemingly not going because of playoffs in AHL, i am kind of wondering who will take the 1C spot with Thoresen and Zuccarello on the wings.

My gut feeling tells me that it could be Eirik Salsten who has been of fire this year with Storhamar where he played with Thoresen.

The next three lines is actually not that easy this year, as Norway has begun to get more and more young and good players out in Leagues as SHL/HockeyAllsvenskan/DEL/Liiga ++

My guess is:

Olsen - Vikingstad - Brandsegg-Nygård
Trettenes - K.A Olimb - Granath
Vesterheim - Østrem Salsten - Hoff/Steen

Granholm, Steen/Hoff, (Berg Paulsen) as reserves. But there is also some jokers from Storhamar/Vålerenga if for instance Martinsen, Johnsen, Olimb ++ says yes, and f.ex Bakke Olsen who was crowned rookie of the year in HockeyAllsvenskan this season.

At defense we acould get Lilleberg, but both Tampa Bay and Syracuse is in the playoffs, and because of that he would be a nice surprise if showing up and not something I take into account for now.

Solberg - Johannessen
Nørstebø - Holm
Kåsastul - Hansen

Hurrød could be in the mix after a good season with Storhamar.

Goaliewise we struggle a bit, and Arntzen, Haukeland and Normann is really not that strong but ok. Stensrud was quite good for Storhamar in playoffs, but he struggled a lot in U20 champs last time.
It can be a good idea to build on the relation Thoresen-Salsten from the club team.

K.A Olimb I don't see him playing as center, Trettenes is more used to that role. Winger for Olimb.

Same thing with Vesterheim, he should play center not winger

I also think it is a decent chanche that Lilleberg will join. Tampa are in trouble in the Stanley cup.

Martinsen also, his physique is unique so i'd like to see him in the team.

Emilio Pettersen we'll see how it goes in the Calder cup, I think we should hold a spot open for him.

Reactions: Playmaker82

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
It can be a good idea to build on the relation Thoresen-Salsten from the club team.

K.A Olimb I don't see him playing as center, Trettenes is more used to that role. Winger for Olimb.

Same thing with Vesterheim, he should play center not winger

I also think it is a decent chanche that Lilleberg will join. Tampa are in trouble in the Stanley cup.

Martinsen also, his physique is unique so i'd like to see him in the team.

Emilio Pettersen we'll see how it goes in the Calder cup, I think we should hold a spot open for him.
Yes, I would love to have Martinsen in there. He brings the physical play we need. I just have small hopes of him saying yes (but Zucca and Thoresen did, though).

Vesterheim could get the 4C, then put for instance Berg Paulsen og Steen as LW there.

As for Lilleberg, if Tampa goes out (looks like it) does he not get sent down to Syracuse in their AHL-playoffs?

I actually like our team this year ✅

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Lilleberg (Tampa/Syracuse) and Pettersen (Iowa) both interested if they get ejected from playoffs. But Syracuse and Iowa will probably play a few weeks more, so nothing imminent if not Lilleberg takes WC instead of AHL-playoffs.

Bjørgvik Holm is not in the mix this year.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Thoresen - Pettersen - Zuccarello
Trettenes - Vikingstad - Granath
K.A Olimb - M Olimb - Martinsen
Steen - Vesterheim - Nygård
Salsten, Olsen

Lilleberg - Johannessen
Solberg - Nørstebø
Kåsastul - Hansen

Arntzen, Haukeland, Normann

Best case scenario

Nygård is just 18, too much to ask of him to be top 6 already. Keep the Mora line intact

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Thoresen - Pettersen - Zuccarello
Trettenes - Vikingstad - Granath
K.A Olimb - M Olimb - Martinsen
Steen - Vesterheim - Nygård
Salsten, Olsen

Lilleberg - Johannessen
Solberg - Nørstebø
Kåsastul - Hansen

Arntzen, Haukeland, Normann

Best case scenario

Nygård is just 18, too much to ask of him to be top 6 already. Keep the Mora line intact
Sure? Brandsegg Nygård goals against Denmark yesterday in the video. Good shots

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
New names, and new cuts. Actually the squad is looking quite nice now.

A lot of players from Storhamar and Vålerenga is coming in, + Vikingstad from DEL.

In: Thoresen, Martinsen, Salsten, Rønnild, Rønningen, Hurrød, Olsen, Solberg, Vikingstad.

Out: Nilsen, Bjerke Larsen, Strandborg, Knold, Elvsveen, Granholm, K.A Olimb, Hoff, Engeland Andersen.

Some tough choices here, where Hoff, Granholm, Engeland Andersen and KA Olimb was cut (maybe injured). Martinsen in is a big boost, while Salsten probably will play C in the first line between Zucca and Thoresen.

Without Zuccarello and Granath and Johannesen from Liiga the team is ready, and then we could se something this this (not taking Lilleberg and Pettersen into the mix yet)

Granath - Vikingstad - Martinsen
Brandsegg-Nygård - Vesterheim - Steen
Trettenes - Østrem Salsten - Olsen

(Bakke Olsen, Rønnild, Berg Paulsen)

Solberg - Johannessen
Nørstebø - Engebråten
Hurrød - Kåsastul
Rønningen, Hansen

Arntzen
Haukeland
Normann

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow

A lot of players from Storhamar and Vålerenga is coming in, + Vikingstad from DEL.

In: Thoresen, Martinsen, Salsten, Rønnild, Rønningen, Hurrød, Olsen, Solberg, Vikingstad.

Out: Nilsen, Bjerke Larsen, Strandborg, Knold, Elvsveen, Granholm, K.A Olimb, Hoff, Engeland Andersen.

Some tough choices here, where Hoff, Granholm, Engeland Andersen and KA Olimb was cut (maybe injured). Martinsen in is a big boost, while Salsten probably will play C in the first line between Zucca and Thoresen.

Without Zuccarello and Granath and Johannesen from Liiga the team is ready, and then we could se something this this (not taking Lilleberg and Pettersen into the mix yet)

Solberg - Johannessen
Nørstebø - Engebråten
Hurrød - Kåsastul
Rønningen, Hansen

Arntzen
Haukeland
Normann
MÅLVAKTER (3): Klubb: Moderklubb:
Jonas Arntzen Örebro (SWE) Lillehammer
Henrik Haukeland Düsseldorf (GER) Stjernen IL
Tobias Normann AIK (SWE) Stjernen IL

BACKER (8):
Sander Vold Engebråten Jukurit (FIN) Storhamar
Isak Hansen Sparta Brynäs IF (SWE)
Sander Hurrød Storhamar Stjernen
Max Krogdahl Östersund (SWE) Holmen
Christian Kåsastul HC Pustertal (ITA) Skien
Mattias Nørstebø Björklöven (SWE) Leik
Sverre Rønningen Storhamar Lillehammer
Stian Solberg Vålerenga Hasle Løren

LØPERE (14):
Michael Brandsegg-Nygård Mora IK (SWE) Vålerenga
Anders Tangen Henriksen Stavanger Oilers Viking Hockey
Andreas Martinsen Storhamar Rosenborg
Eskild Bakke Olsen BIK Karlskoga (SWE) Storhamar
Thomas Olsen Vålerenga Vålerenga
Thomas Berg Paulsen Malmö (SWE) Stavanger
Martin Rønnild Storhamar Stjernen
Eirik Østrem Salsten Storhamar Storhamar
Håvard Østrem Salsten Sparta Storhamar
Noah Steen Mora IK (SWE) Lørenskog
Patrick Thoresen Storhamar Storhamar
Mathias Trettenes Stavanger Oilers Stavanger IK
Petter Vesterheim Mora IK (SWE) Lørenskog
Markus Vikingstad Fishtown Pinguins (GER) Wedemark (GER)

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no

Solberg - Johannessen
Nørstebø - Engebråten
Hurrød - Kåsastul
Rønningen, Hansen

Arntzen
Haukeland
Normann
It is getting closer to a WC roster, here are the missing pieces I think/hope will join in Praha for the WC.

Goalkeepers:
Arntzen, Haukeland and Normann will be our three goalkeepers.

Backs: I think will join in Praha)
Johannes Johannesen will come in from Pelicans(Liiga), he needs some rest after a long play off in Finland.
Emil Lilleberg, Tampa are down 1-3, so Florida needs to set the last puck here for him to be eligible. He might be transfered to syracuse in AHL to play Calder cup. Syracuse have 1-1 in series against Rochester so far. He might be ready, 4th or 10 th of may. If Syracuse goes through he will not play WC. Hopefully Lilleberg will be released if tampa loses against florida, and want have to play Calder cup.

So I think we will cut one back in this roster, and we'll have one back spot open for Lilleberg, when/if he's knocked out of Stanley Cup and/or Calder cup.

Forwards(I think will join in Praha)
Mats Zuccarello Minnesota wild, will join the team in Praha, later.

Philip Granath, Tappara(lliga) won the finnish play off with his team yesterday and scored the last goal in the PO final. I think he should be in the mix, but i'm not sure about him. It is tough competition for a top6 spot this year.

Ken Andre Olimb. Schwenninger(DEL). He picked up a small injury against Denmark last week. He will likely join the team in Praha,

Mathias Emilio Pettersen Texas Stars(AHL). His team won over manitoba moose in the first round of calder cup, Now they'll play Milwaukee. He might be finished with Calder cup 8,10 or 12th May.

I think Zuccarello and K.A Olimb will be in the final roster. Granath might also be in the final roster, but I'm not sure. We should have one forward spot open for Emilio Pettersen if his team is knocked out of Calder Cup.

Lilleberg will be vital for us, as we are quite thin on backs. So I hope he joins soon. We have decent coverage among forwards, so we can manage to play without Emilio Pettersen without being much weaker.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Lilleberg have been transferd to Syracuse in AHL after Tampa Bay lost against Florida.

Lightning re-assign Matt Tomkins, Max Crozier and Emil Lilleberg to Syracuse | Tampa Bay Lightning

Syracuse have 1-1 in games so far against Rochester in the Calder cup.
Rochester and Syracuse are quite even teams, so it can go either way,
Next game 2nd and 4th May. He might be ready by 4th or 10th of may if Syracuse loses.
We should hold a place open for him.

Emilio Pettersen Texas Stars will play against Milwaukee in the Calder cup
Games 2,4,8,10, 12 May. He might be ready 8,10 or 12th of May if Texas loses.
We should hold a place open for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad