Northlands Coliseum likely to be demolished

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
while I am sad, I am also amused how originally there were all these grand plans for northlands and they realized how old the building the was and that it could not with stand the refurb they wanted to do and they of course saw the price tag

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
while I am sad, I am also amused how originally there were all these grand plans for northlands and they realized how old the building the was and that it could not with stand the refurb they wanted to do and they of course saw the price tag
I think the continuing demise of Northlands has made the city reluctant to dump anymore money in that area.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
oh yeah, the building was built to withstand world war 3 and they couldn't blow up the first time so they had to blow it up again? :laugh:

Reminds me of the old Winnipeg Arena. I was on hand, along with a few hundred Jets fans to see the demolition/implosion... The explosives went off and after the dust finally settled, most of the arena was still in tact. :laugh:
They ended up having to go at it with a back-hoe and steel cables - yanking on the main columns until the whole structure finally came crashing to the ground.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad