North Dakota Fighting Sioux (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
pre game ceremony was pretty cool. Gino got a huge applause when he represented the 82' championship. St Clair got the biggest for representing the 2016 championship. All 8 were represented by a former player of team that one it that year.

Peski, Yon, and Bowen looked pretty good for the freshman. Yost can fly. Not a physical game at all. But it's an exibition game and now it's time for the real deal. Go Sioux!!!!!!!

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Another NCHC honor for sophomore forward Brock Boeser. He was named National Collegiate Hockey Conference Offensive Player of the Week for the second time this season after scoring five goals in UND’s sweep of Bemidji State last weekend.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Sioux beat BC yesterday at MSG. Fun game.

Hat tip to Sioux fans. They flooded the streets of Manhattan yesterday. BC is about 3 and a half hours outside of Manhattan. North Dakota is on the other side of the country but you wouldn't have known that yesterday. Green sweaters everywhere!

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Sioux beat BC yesterday at MSG. Fun game.

Hat tip to Sioux fans. They flooded the streets of Manhattan yesterday. BC is about 3 and a half hours outside of Manhattan. North Dakota is on the other side of the country but you wouldn't have known that yesterday. Green sweaters everywhere!

They estimated 8-9000 Sioux fans at the game. It's always a home game for UND.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
UND put the wood to Omaha last weekend, 9-1 and 7-3. Amazing what Jost did. Got a half hour sleep as he came from Montreal after the WJC championship game and scored a goal and had an assist. Followed by 2 goals on Saturday. True team guy.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I heard some chatter on the yuku Bucky boards NoDak will be offered a spot in the B1g after next season. If they refuse the offer will go to UMD, then Omaha. Anyone else catch wind of this? Goon, you're connected; what sayeth you?

Bonk

May 18, 2007
Cincinnati
Makes zero sense for UND unless there's a pile of cash involved. The Big Ten is one of the weakest conferences in hockey.

As a Miami fan, I would hate to see this.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Makes zero sense for UND unless there's a pile of cash involved. The Big Ten is one of the weakest conferences in hockey.

As a Miami fan, I would hate to see this.

Well, you touched on it pretty well. No one has piles of cash, plus media exposure like the B1g.

In previous years I'd agree with your assessment of the conference; but this year there's 4 teams in the playoff picture, even with a weakened Michigan squad. Then you have Notre Dame in next year. The conference seemed to form when everyone was at their worst. There is, historically, 23 titles among those teams.

goon

I heard some chatter on the yuku Bucky boards NoDak will be offered a spot in the B1g after next season. If they refuse the offer will go to UMD, then Omaha. Anyone else catch wind of this? Goon, you're connected; what sayeth you?

Funny thing, I asked around about the guy that's been floating this rumor about UND going to Big Ten Hockey Conference. No one in the college hockey media world has heard of him.

If you do a quick Google search of his name Greg Flugaur you will see he's a poor man's version of EK from Hockey Buzz, without the webpage. Mr. Flugaur has been all over the place posting rumors about different leagues and teams moving around.

You can read his stuff here through this twitter feed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/832246232072462336

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Funny thing, I asked around about the guy that's been floating this rumor about UND going to Big Ten Hockey Conference. No one in the college hockey media world has heard of him.

If you do a quick Google search of his name Greg Flugaur you will see he's a poor man's version of EK from Hockey Buzz, without the webpage. Mr. Flugaur has been all over the place posting rumors about different leagues and teams moving around.

You can read his stuff here through this twitter feed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/832246232072462336

Thanks, man. I knew I could count on you for the inside scoop:thumbu:. As much as I'd love to have NoDak as a conference rival again, i'd hate hate for said move to destabilize another conference. I still pine for the WCHA of yore!

Here's hoping our respective teams get to face off in the tournament:yo:

goon

Thanks, man. I knew I could count on you for the inside scoop:thumbu:. As much as I'd love to have NoDak as a conference rival again, i'd hate hate for said move to destabilize another conference. I still pine for the WCHA of yore!

Here's hoping our respective teams get to face off in the tournament:yo:

I've been told there's no truth this rumor. I guess we will find out. Even Jess Myers said, not happening. Jess is pretty dial in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->