North Dakota Fighting Sioux (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
When will the Fighting (Sioux) Hawks debut their new logos?

UND%20sioux%20hawks.jpg

Last edited:

BigMac1212

Registered Insominac
Slightly OT, but Betty Engelstad Sioux Center Upgrades Video Experience with Daktronics

BROOKINGS, S.D. – June 21, 2016 –Betty Engelstad Sioux Center has trusted Daktronics (NASDAQ-DAKT) of Brookings, South Dakota, to design, manufacture and install two new video displays inside the facility. The displays were completed in late May and will be first used this upcoming volleyball season.

"Working with the Daktronics team from start to finish on our new video boards for the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center was a smooth process," said Charlie Muus, director of operations at Ralph Engelstad Arena. "Installation was completed in the scheduled time and we can't wait to use these video boards for the upcoming basketball and volleyball seasons."

Both of the displays measure approximately 9.5 feet high by 20 feet wide with a 6 millimeter line spacing. They provide excellent image clarity and contrast with wide angle visibility to appeal to every seat in the arena. They feature variable content zoning which allows them to show one large image across the entire display or they can be separated into multiple zones to show any combination of live video, instant replays, game stats and prompts, animations, and sponsor advertisements.

"Daktronics is very excited to be able to provide the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center with these two new video displays," said Matt Warnke, Daktronics sales representative. "These new displays will provide fans with an enhanced game-day experience that will last for years to come. We appreciate the trust the facility has put in us once again to deliver a state of the art solution and we look forward to seeing how they enhance the facility this fall."

In addition to the equipment installation, Betty Engelstad Sioux Center will also receive a bank of hours for the creation of digital content to be produced and delivered by Daktronics Creative Services. This content will consist of any mixture of sponsorship messages, crowd prompts, headshots, game opens and venue announcements at the request of the venue.

Daktronics LED video and messaging display technology offers a long lifetime with consistent, industry-leading performance and low power consumption, providing value and excitement for years to come.

Glad to see the arena get a new scoreboard.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
The logo would not look like much from the stands on a jersey. A lot of junior team jerseys have that sort of problem.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
UND incoming freshman Tyson Jost picked 10th overall by the Avalanche. 2 years max and he's gone. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy watching him and Boeser together this upcoming season

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
BUFFALO, N.Y. – University of North Dakota sophomore Rhett Gardner and three future Fighting Hawks were selected on the second day of the 2016 National Hockey League Entry Draft on Saturday at First Niagara Center.

Gardner was taken by the Dallas Stars in the fourth round (116th overall), while National Letter of Intent signees Mitchell Mattson (Calgary, 5th round, 126th overall), Peter Thome (Columbus, 6th round, 155th overall) and Collin Adams (New York Islanders, 6th round, 170th overall) also had their names called.

Gardner became UND’s first player since Dillon Simpson in 2011 to be drafted following his freshman season. The 6-2, 215-pound forward from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, registered 11 goals and seven assists in 41 games last season and paced all National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) freshmen with 280 faceoff wins.

Mattson, a 6-4, 204-pound forward, had 17 goals and 29 assists in 25 games last season for Grand Rapids (Minn.) High School, then went on to play 21 games with the United States Hockey League’s (USHL) Bloomington Thunder and scored two goals. His sister, Sidney Mattson, was a freshman setter with the UND volleyball team last year.

Thome (pronouncd TOE-mee) spent the 2015-16 season with the North American Hockey League’s (NAHL) Aberdeen Wings, appearing in 47 games and going 17-21-9 with a 2.43 goals against average and a league-leading .929 save percentage. The Minneapolis native also had four shutouts. Thome’s cousin, Andrew Thome, pitched for the UND baseball team from 2012-15 and is currently in his first professional season with the Houston Astros organization.

Adams, a 5-0, 179-pound forward from Brighton, Mich., spent last season with the USHL’s Muskegon Lumberjacks. He had 27 goals and 34 assists in 59 games and tied for fifth in the USHL scoring race.

UND has now had 173 players taken in the NHL Entry Draft dating back to 1963 and has had multiple players taken every year since 2000.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
“Right now I see myself playing one or two years at North Dakota. My ultimate goal, the reason I went to school was to develop as a player and ultimately get to the NHL and win a Stanley Cup. That’s the main reason I chose North Dakota is because they put players in the NHL and that’s my goal. If I work on a few details in my game and get bigger and stronger, I figure one or two years.â€

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/24/tyson-jost-colorado-avalanche-2016-nhl-draft/

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Really, really, really looking forward to Jost & Boeser, just a slight bias being that Jost was drafted by the Avs and Boeser by the Canucks, my two favorite teams.

If Jost can have one, maybe two solid years at UND it will be great. I see him as a bit of Parise, Oshie, Toews, lite.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Really, really, really looking forward to Jost & Boeser, just a slight bias being that Jost was drafted by the Avs and Boeser by the Canucks, my two favorite teams.

If Jost can have one, maybe two solid years at UND it will be great. I see him as a bit of Parise, Oshie, Toews, lite.

Looking forward to watching those 2 together on the same line hopefully. As for your 2 favorite teams, they happen to be my 2 most hated teams.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Looking forward to watching those 2 together on the same line hopefully. As for your 2 favorite teams, they happen to be my 2 most hated teams.

Fair enough, if its any consolation I am a die hard Sioux fan and went to their hockey camp for 4 years when I was in Bantam / Midget, my grandparents still live in Grand Forks, and on and on, so don't worry too much about any NHL favorites. :handclap:

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Fair enough, if its any consolation I am a die hard Sioux fan and went to their hockey camp for 4 years when I was in Bantam / Midget, my grandparents still live in Grand Forks, and on and on, so don't worry too much about any NHL favorites. :handclap:

No problem. Everyone has their favorite team or teams. Mine is the Wild and Hawks. But we both agree on the Sioux. Should be another fun year even after losing a handful of players early. Restock and reload is what they do.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I see the U of M have their prices set for the upcoming season. All games except one will be between 30-50 bucks. The one game that isn't. You guessed it, UND. That one will set you back 90. The Mooch may actually sellout for once in a long time. Leave it to the Sioux to get it done. ;)

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Not only are the games at the Mooch 90 bucks a pop they require you to buy a 4 game package with purchase. A page right out of Denver's book. Didn't work well for them as Sioux fans still showed up in masses.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
Not only are the games at the Mooch 90 bucks a pop they require you to buy a 4 game package with purchase. A page right out of Denver's book. Didn't work well for them as Sioux fans still showed up in masses.

Minnesota agreeing to join the B1G was a key to the formation of the conference, and it has blown up in their face. Minneapolis is a huge hub for professionals in the upper-Midwest, and in many ways it has replaced Chicago. They want to see St. Cloud, they want Mankato, and especially UND. Replace them with Ohio St., Penn St., and Michigan St. Great. Let me guess, Arizona St. is going to turn things around.

How Don Lucia still has a job escapes me. He should've been dismissed after the Holy Cross disaster.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Minnesota agreeing to join the B1G was a key to the formation of the conference, and it has blown up in their face. Minneapolis is a huge hub for professionals in the upper-Midwest, and in many ways it has replaced Chicago. They want to see St. Cloud, they want Mankato, and especially UND. Replace them with Ohio St., Penn St., and Michigan St. Great. Let me guess, Arizona St. is going to turn things around.

How Don Lucia still has a job escapes me. He should've been dismissed after the Holy Cross disaster.

Lucia was offered a 2 year extension. Don't think he has signed anything yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->