North Bay Battalion 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
As an impartial viewer I disagree about that, but also agree he should've scraped himself off the ice earlier if he had any thoughts of being out on the PP. But no embellishment penalty on that one.

I’ll disagree with your claim to be an impartial observer. No one in any sort of discomfort following a hit from behind can so easily lift their head and upper body at the hips with eyes wide open to see if the refs are watching; and pretty much all in one motion play dead again. To top it off, the gens coaches double down on the embellishment.

If I was one of the refs, I would be so infuriated that when Senneke held his face after contact to the chest at the end of regulation or end of first OT; I would have taken great joy in assessing a 10 minute USC.

Reactions: Northern Maroon

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
You have to wonder what goes through Arnsby's head when in O/T of an elimination game, he chooses to drive somebody on the numbers into the boards. Regular season, that's 5 and a game all day long. Smarten up!!

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
So neither impartial or aware that Saginaw, NB, Oshawa are good teams that could sweep London if rewarded for diving on any and all contact vs London.
The embellishment has to stop.
As a watcher of Oshawa v NB I have absolutely no horse in the race, with the closest connection being 17 yo Leblanc twins. I called NB in 6 at the outset.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
You have to wonder what goes through Arnsby's head when in O/T of an elimination game, he chooses to drive somebody on the numbers into the boards. Regular season, that's 5 and a game all day long. Smarten up!!

Good to see at least one person is able to look at things objectively and in an unbiased manner. Arnsby has taken dumb penalties all series, or at least in the games that he wasn’t suspended - - for taking dumb penalties in the opening series.

I can’t understand why so many people embarrass themselves with incessant whining about the refs. Cries from North Bay fans about “embellishment” are especially laughable considering no player in the league does more ridiculous diving than Jake Therrien.

Here’s the thing, my friends - - if your team plays well enough, the refs won’t be in a position to have any ability to impact the game. Want to call a question roughing penalty? No problem, when you’re up 6-1 and dominating. Refs can go ahead and make it a double minor, because it’s not going to change the outcome.

• Haha
Reactions: 190 is almost 206

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Good to see at least one person is able to look at things objectively and in an unbiased manner. Arnsby has taken dumb penalties all series, or at least in the games that he wasn’t suspended - - for taking dumb penalties in the opening series.

I can’t understand why so many people embarrass themselves with incessant whining about the refs. Cries from North Bay fans about “embellishment” are especially laughable considering no player in the league does more ridiculous diving than Jake Therrien.

Here’s the thing, my friends - - if your team plays well enough, the refs won’t be in a position to have any ability to impact the game. Want to call a question roughing penalty? No problem, when you’re up 6-1 and dominating. Refs can go ahead and make it a double minor, because it’s not going to change the outcome.

The Genes are 5-0 in goal reviews these playoffs? The gens are getting all the breaks.
Senneke shot a puck directly at Arnsby at the buzzer for which he was cross checked to the chest. Senneke then held his face as though he had been sticked in the eye; that’s embellishment.
Senneke gets away with tripping a battalion D exiting the zone leaving him an uncontested shot from the hash marks. Wakely gets penalized for incidental contact with the goalie not close to being a scoring threat.. Once again the battalion are penalized more than the gens, this time five to none in an elimination game?!

Last edited:

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007

Penalty count 60 minutes to 32

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
They finally win the last home game of the conference final. Fingers crossed that they call pull it off tomorrow. My favourite edition of the North Bay Battalion is this group by a mile.

Which of your 3 overages defenseman not staying next season ?
Tough if not impossible to call right now. Nelson gone for sure, Mathurin should get signed by Detroit and that leaves Leblanc as the most likely in the case I noted.

Reactions: the dog

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Tough if not impossible to call right now. Nelson gone for sure, Mathurin should get signed by Detroit and that leaves Leblanc as the most likely in the case I noted.
It's tough to say. Tnias may be smart to opt for a trade or to wait it out for free agency.

Detroit's prospect depth at LD is probably the deepest in the NHL with Edvinsson, Wallinder, Viro and Shai Buium all looking for icetime on the farm next year.

Agree that Nelson is surely headed to the A next year though. Seattle is high on his development.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Which of your 3 overages defenseman not staying next season ?
Likely none stay for the whole season.
They have used considerable draft capital on Ride & Kennedy (‘05), Turley & Rismond (‘06), Wilson & Enright (‘07), and Greer (‘08)

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
Casusl 67's fan coming in peace. I almost decided to drive up to NB today (I live in the greater Huntsville area) but the wife had other ideas this morning so I didn't have enough time to make it.

Caught the game online just in time to see the Troops 5th goal and watched til the end. North Bay was very impressive and Oshawa seemed very discombobulated at best. I was impresed at how well the Battalion moved the puck and really owned the neutral ice area. Oster looked quite off and probably more to do with Oshawa packing it in TBH.

Hoping you guys complete the reverse sweep as I still really hate Oshawa to this day.

Go Troops!!!

Reactions: The Green Tank

Mild Italian

Oct 3, 2017
Casusl 67's fan coming in peace. I almost decided to drive up to NB today (I live in the greater Huntsville area) but the wife had other ideas this morning so I didn't have enough time to make it.

Caught the game online just in time to see the Troops 5th goal and watched til the end. North Bay was very impressive and Oshawa seemed very discombobulated at best. I was impresed at how well the Battalion moved the puck and really owned the neutral ice area. Oster looked quite off and probably more to do with Oshawa packing it in TBH.

Hoping you guys complete the reverse sweep as I still really hate Oshawa to this day.

Go Troops!!!
I had to look up „discombobulated“, never heard that one.

Reactions: Race Dawg

apfsds

Jan 23, 2024

lol,

McCallum in Sudbury is the best at drawing penalties. Roloffs did a good job in OT then out on the power-play. Sennecke Also trying to sell it all the time. Therrien takes a lot of abuse with no calls because of his aggressive still of play. His Pims are full of roughing and fighting majors battling guys who try to push him around. The calls are usually because they can’t catch him when he’s twisting around because it’s too fast.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
And that's why Home Ice is such an advantage especially in the case of a game 7. Had we played at home in front of our fans, the outcome would have been reversed. We had the better of both teams and would have given London a bit more of a challenge than Oshawa will. I will predict London in 4.

Reactions: Northern Maroon

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Just out of curiosity-does anyone know the length of Oulahen’s contract?

Last edited:

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
this staff rode the wave of this group.......hope we do not lose some including Dennis who orchestrated this bunch.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad