North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
King looks poised to be a top four option next season considering he's the most offensively gifted defenseman returning next season. All dependant on where Braden Handerson and Simon Rose are in terms of their development next fall. But I see King being a big part of the defense for the first part of the regular season.
Watch his positioning and decision making more closely and ignore how good of a skater he is then get back to to me.
I'll be right on this one....again. Aren't you the one who claimed Vertiy would never be traded because he brings so much? LOL

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Watch his positioning and decision making more closely and ignore how good of a skater he is then get back to to me.
I'll be right on this one....again. Aren't you the one who claimed Vertiy would never be traded because he brings so much? LOL
King was a second year player this past season adjusting to a new system. It's safe to say there's some development to be had for a kid who scored significantly more than any other defender returning next season. Our defense was a significant weakness this season, so unless we're magically gaining two or three better left handed options in the next five months, it's a pretty good bet King's going to see some more looks as a puck-moving option.

As for Vertiiy, in a time when our offensive depth was non-existent, yes, I probably said ridding him wasn't a good idea considering he was a mildly productive winger. Though I also wasn't aware of his off-ice activities, so that might've changed my tune a tad.

I was also the guy who suggested we take a 6'5 Czech at the Import draft who ended up with 26-32-58 in 61 games on a bottom feeder in the Q.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Any info on the what kind of goalie Vrbetic is? Big frame. Second goalie taken as well.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
sounds like north bay did well with their top 3 picks, schleut is a tiny bit of a reach imo but sounds like a big mobile defender that they will need. Picked up the best goalie available imo and Peters who was regarded as a first round draft pick on many mock drafts.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
The league still taking its time announcing the suspension on Luke Burghardt. Anyone have any info ?

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
top half of batts draft looks good to me
Hopefully Vrbetic is on the NHL Draft radar through his development here. It'd be nice to get a real high quality goaltender developed in here to push for Propp's job before he graduates.

But the guys I'm really intrigued by are Peters, who looks like he could be a solid second line center from what Errol Hook said about him. And the two guys from Shattuck St Mary's. As long as they're not on Div I radar it looks like both might commit in a year's time.

Reactions: Uncle

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Though they lost in the National Championship, Battalion draft pick Cam Morrison set up this goal in the dying seconds of the semi-final. It was a hell of a game.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
In my "What If" fantasyland, Morrison reported - Chytl reported - McKenzie and Dineen weren't traded. Where would we be then?

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
....because the "heat man" went pro with NY organization do the Battalion get a compensation pick in the import draft?????????????

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
....because the "heat man" went pro with NY organization do the Battalion get a compensation pick in the import draft?????????????
I think you get two regardless if you have no imports. But if your guy doesn't report--no--I believe you get nothing in terms of draft position. The draft is a bit of a crapshoot considering you're essentially relying on whispers from player agents as to whether guys are coming over.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Hopefully Vrbetic is on the NHL Draft radar through his development here. It'd be nice to get a real high quality goaltender developed in here to push for Propp's job before he graduates.

But the guys I'm really intrigued by are Peters, who looks like he could be a solid second line center from what Errol Hook said about him. And the two guys from Shattuck St Mary's. As long as they're not on Div I radar it looks like both might commit in a year's time.

Verbetic is the real deal! Seen him play a lot!

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Talk on the Wolves board about trading '99 Import Alexey Lipanov. Anyone interested?? Our history with getting imports to report is weak.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
If the real deal explain why he struggled in January, February and March (including OHL Cup). He lost more games as a goalie in those months then any goalie who played in the GTHL?

He had 8 other players drafted on his team including 3 dman so the team had depth
Why you gotta be so negative man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->