North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The Hounds seem to get many of their picks to report and they're even farther away than NB.

With Hayton this year, the Soo will have had an NHL 1st pick 5/6 years. Being a Michigan border town & in same division as Windsor helps.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Question, since NB is going to play its' first 4 playoff games on the road and if they finish below 5th they most likely will be swept, wouldn't it make sense to finish as low as possible to get better draft pick position?
It doesn't matter where they pick they'll be taking the local defenseman Schleuting in the 1st round regardless of where they pick is my guess.

Just hope he doesn't turn in to Lyle 2.0

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here? Why does being in the same division as Windsor help the Soo attract high end picks?
Because their scheduling would make them easier to scout on the regular. It's not really to difficult to pinpoint why certain teams end up with more NHL draftees.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Because their scheduling would make them easier to scout on the regular. It's not really to difficult to pinpoint why certain teams end up with more NHL draftees.
I would think that would be more of the case for a team located close to TO. Windsor/Flint/Saginaw all in the Soo's division are not always hotbeds for scouts.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here? Why does being in the same division as Windsor help the Soo attract high end picks?

It is one of the easier drives for parents of US & SW Ontario kids, and one the more popular places among scouts

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Does Thilander come back next year?
Was thinking about that myself. I don't know how common the OA Imports are in the OHL but there were a few in the WHLthis year. Considering how unlikely it is we'll find two quality Euros in the Import Draft, I'm leaning towards hoping he does.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Was thinking about that myself. I don't know how common the OA Imports are in the OHL but there were a few in the WHLthis year. Considering how unlikely it is we'll find two quality Euros in the Import Draft, I'm leaning towards hoping he does.

NB would only have 5 returning D with Thilander; and if there is a better OA D available, it would cost three 2nds/3rds. I think it would probably be a good thing for Thilander too, things worked out pretty well for the battalion & Goodrow when he returned for an unlikely OA season

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Just wondering if he would want to go back to Sweden or play in the KHL. Really liked his game as of late and would love to have him back

cub

Apr 11, 2012
NB would only have 5 returning D with Thilander; and if there is a better OA D available, it would cost three 2nds/3rds. I think it would probably be a good thing for Thilander too, things worked out pretty well for the battalion & Goodrow when he returned for an unlikely OA season

I think Spadafore will have spot on D.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
I'd love for thilander to come back, would provide much more stability on the back end heading into next year! Brazeau burghardt and thilander is the dream.

Not a good effort last night. One of the first times that I've thought Propp should've saved a few that went in.

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
It doesn't matter where they pick they'll be taking the local defenseman Schleuting in the 1st round regardless of where they pick is my guess.

Just hope he doesn't turn in to Lyle 2.0

Lyle is rated #127 by NHL Central Scouting. He wanted to leave North Bay because he wanted to play good hockey, somwthsom that doesn't happen with Stan Butler!

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Lyle is rated #127 by NHL Central Scouting. He wanted to leave North Bay because he wanted to play good hockey, somwthsom that doesn't happen with Stan Butler!
Stan's done some pretty good things for Burghardt and Struthers this year. I'd take Struthers in the draft well before Lyle as well.

Brady's a good kid, but his numbers are extremely meh. And going to a team where he's likely going to be buried behind Sean Durzi again next season, demanding a trade wasn't the smartest thing to do when he was bitching about ice time.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Stan's done some pretty good things for Burghardt and Struthers this year. I'd take Struthers in the draft well before Lyle as well.

Brady's a good kid, but his numbers are extremely meh. And going to a team where he's likely going to be buried behind Sean Durzi again next season, demanding a trade wasn't the smartest thing to do when he was *****ing about ice time.
Kinda tells you about the kids personality. Had we waited a few months he coulda be the guy here but oh well

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I'd love for thilander to come back, would provide much more stability on the back end heading into next year! Brazeau burghardt and thilander is the dream.

I think we will be lucky to get 1 of those 3 back for an O/A season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->