North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Butler looks like h e wants out judging from Friday game

I can picture that look. :). But, more likely, Butler was looking for ways to coax his roster into playing good enough to catch Niagara for the final playoff spot.

Last edited:

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Just watched the coaches show on tv. Gave an injury update. Propp still a week away, Allair long term, Mailhot 7-10 days, Forhan is long term, Walker a week away.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I haven't gotten a chance to go out to many games, but what a story Justin Brazeau has turned out to be this year. 17 goals in his first 24 games. Undrafted and this guy is 4th in the OHL in goals as a 19 year old. He just keeps getting better and better. Way to go, kid.

OHLfanforlife99

Nov 23, 2017
Great Game Troops!! I was very happy to see us keep up with a strong rangers team. We can play with anyone if we play the way we did tonight... 4 goals against is still a little much. But I will take the 2pts...Also..Propp was on the bench tonight hoping to see him in the crease Sunday against his former Club?

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Troops out shot 38-23 , and if you ever have watched the shot clock @ the Gardens , you would know that the clock really favors the Troops , its almost comical , and not very accurate at all, it would seem that Butler himself has the control in his pocket.
Here's the point....how the hell does Sime get over looked as a STAR last night ? he probably had close 50 shots.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
I was at the game last night (more to see the Rangers). If they continue to play like that my faith about making the playoffs will start to come back. Sunday will be a good test against Barrie.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Gutty win by Battalion against an elite opponent. It would be interesting to know puck possession figures, because it seemed like Rangers had it almost all the time, particularly in the second half of the game. The Troops were clearly running on fumes the last 18 min., and JS1 was definitely a difference maker despite the 4 goals allowed. Cam Dineen continues to impress, he will make one team and its fans very happy within the next 4-6 weeks when the GM starts to re-tool for next season and beyond.

Too bad (again) about attendance which (except for an occasional blip, i.e.: Military game) seems locked in to the 2200 announced, 1700 or so in the building. Despite a sad record, there have been a number of recent home games where the entertainment value has been high (shutout win vs. Win., 1 goal losses SSM and Nia., last night vs. Kit.). Beyond the obvious, a winning team, I wonder if there is any way to bring back 500-1000 who used to attend regularly.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
I'm certainly no hockey expert but there's no chance in hell that I would trade Dineen. He's as good a playmaking d-man at this level as I've ever watched and the d-unit would be so much weaker without him. On a team that struggles for points like the Battalion does, the offer for a fan favourite like him would have to be outstanding. Of course, I wouldn't have traded away Liberati either and last year's team sure could have used him.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014

Too bad (again) about attendance which (except for an occasional blip, i.e.: Military game) seems locked in to the 2200 announced, 1700 or so in the building. Despite a sad record, there have been a number of recent home games where the entertainment value has been high (shutout win vs. Win., 1 goal losses SSM and Nia., last night vs. Kit.). Beyond the obvious, a winning team, I wonder if there is any way to bring back 500-1000 who used to attend regularly.

There are a lot of ways to get fans back and a lot of suggestions have been presented before but Battalion marketing team are not interested in doing so. In this town you could offer free tickets but some would complain it's to cold to go outside. There are only 2200 fans in NB...the rest are bandwagoners.

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
Troops out shot 38-23 , and if you ever have watched the shot clock @ the Gardens , you would know that the clock really favors the Troops , its almost comical , and not very accurate at all, it would seem that Butler himself has the control in his pocket.
Here's the point....how the hell does Sime get over looked as a STAR last night ? he probably had close 50 shots.

North Bay decides the stars and they don't want to give Sime credit for a good game because if the team actually does start winning, they want to be like "see, all we needed was Propp".

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Will be touch and go for a bit, would like to see this team with propp in net, if things continue as they have been I would be happy to see commitment to a full recoup of prospects and picks by offloading all 98s including mckenzie

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm certainly no hockey expert but there's no chance in hell that I would trade Dineen. He's as good a playmaking d-man at this level as I've ever watched and the d-unit would be so much weaker without him. On a team that struggles for points like the Battalion does, the offer for a fan favourite like him would have to be outstanding. Of course, I wouldn't have traded away Liberati either and last year's team sure could have used him.
The Battalion don't have the horses to go on a run this season. Dineen's a great kid, but these are the guys you move to build your future roster around. Last year the Generals moved Mitch Vande Sompel to the Knights and they grabbed Ian Blacker, one of London's top prospects--two 2nds, one that brought them Nick Wong--and two 3rds. I'd be expecting that kind of return. You trade him regardless of whether we're a playoff team or not.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Butler said yesterday was the worst game they played all season
It's been 4 1/2 long seasons without a power play. What gives ? Obviously they don't work on special teams.
P.S. Barrie wasn't much better

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Butler said yesterday was the worst game they played all season
It's been 4 1/2 long seasons without a power play. What gives ? Obviously they don't work on special teams.
P.S. Barrie wasn't much better
Look who is on the point for powerplays. Hard to great scoring chances when weak links handle pucks like grenades. A forward on the point should be tried for powerplays.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
So today's paper talks about how the Troops have three games in hand over the Wolves. The implication is that they'll have the chance to climb out of the basement. Unfortunately, their next three games are in Windsor, Sarnia and London. I don't foresee much climbing.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
....not real confident in the scouting staff so picks are iffy at the best of times...recent history shows the scouting birds need a big upgrade...even a late pick like brazeau was recommended by a former player NOT scouts..hope Brazeau is kept..someone to enjoy on this team...

Reactions: howndawg

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Butler's only chance to recoup anything major with this bunch would be Dineen. I don't think Mckenzie will bring in anything substantial especially the way he's been playing. Bruce is another one that could be moved but who would want him and what would the return be.

Reactions: howndawg

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Butler's only chance to recoup anything major with this bunch would be Dineen. I don't think Mckenzie will bring in anything substantial especially the way he's been playing. Bruce is another one that could be moved but who would want him and what would the return be.
Bruce should've been traded two years ago when I said so. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad