North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
..when your defensive top 2 out of 4 is wretched your goaltending shows up as weak no matter what....Lyles ice time is not being taken up by some d....rose and allaire should be in there more...lose with developing young guys...OA and euros are hurting us too
Rose ? is 16 , he cant be thrown out there a ton, he will have to be used sparingly . Allaire ? is always hurt or sick, he has heavy feet, he is not the answer, never was.
How about Thilander ?minus 4 again last night, your euro has to be one of your top guys & he isn't, hell you telling me that any kid from Ontario couldn't do what he does ? problem is that Butler paid a lot of money for him & that's why he keeps playing even over Lyle , and we know how that worked out.
Blow this up, Butler included and yes lose with young kids, cause your losing anyway.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Question of the day:
“If” they don’t make the playoffs again this year, will Abbott pull the plug on Butler ?
good question, its not "if" its "when", anyway, not likely they are Buddies......how painful will that be ?

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
Well North Bay is Officially the last place team in the entire OHL.

What's Butler's answer going to be for that????

Reactions: howndawg

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
Too bad Butler wasn’t so pig-headed and let Wray coach for a bit. They have nothing to lose at this point
You do realize that Wray employed the same 1-3-1 system in Powassan that Butler uses with the Battalian?
Why do you think he got the assistant job? Because their style differ so greatly?

The problem right now is the draft picks not coming through. The '97, '98 and the Euro picks.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Well, the theme for this season was supposed to be "never again", yet here they are again in the basement looking up at everybody else. The average attendance has slipped to the low 2K zone, barely staying out of the teens. I'm not a bandwagon fan because I've had a season ticket since they came here, but something has to change here soon or the road ahead shows nothing good.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
......time to consider getting value for players who are not going to be here when...coe..evans rose vescio cogicoi are leading this team....dineen..braz...mac..would fetch some second picks..tank the tank....I say...

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
......time to consider getting value for players who are not going to be here when...coe..evans rose vescio cogicoi are leading this team....dineen..braz...mac..would fetch some second picks..tank the tank....I say...
Dineen, yes. McKenzie, yes. Thilander, if you can. But not Brazeau. He's a 6'4 guy who can drive the offence. You bring that guy back as an OA so your young guys can follow someone who's worked his way up to that point. We won't get anything close to what it would cost to replace him.

Reactions: Finster8

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
and you wonder why blue-chippers say they won't report:

Butler calls out Troops – North Bay Battalion

I'm anxious to see if Propp is able to make a difference with this team.

Sime had the best Save Percentage but Woroniuk was the only goalie with more wins than losses. I think he should have been given more opportunities to see if he has what it takes. Sime has some good games but overall has had a disappointing number of wins and that is what is important.

Also, I'm still confused about only having Purboo up for that short stint. Either give him the chance to develop or don't.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
An entertaining effort against the Hounds on Thursday. The boys played with energy and were rewarded with some nice goals and chances. Unfortunately, they were undone again by inconsistent goaltending. Sime has the frustrating habit of making a string of excellent saves followed by a lapse where he lets in a goal that should have been stopped. If he ever manages to control that level of consistency, the team might be able to climb up the standings.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
An entertaining effort against the Hounds on Thursday. The boys played with energy and were rewarded with some nice goals and chances. Unfortunately, they were undone again by inconsistent goaltending. Sime has the frustrating habit of making a string of excellent saves followed by a lapse where he lets in a goal that should have been stopped. If he ever manages to control that level of consistency, the team might be able to climb up the standings.
The puck hits him and goes through..not enough mass!

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
The puck hits him and goes through..not enough mass!

Apparently the same is true for Purboo... This is so hard to watch. 3 goals in 12 shots... Come on Stan, your bandaide solution is a bust. Get a REAL goalie. Or a true goalie coach.

Also, this team cannot score. Brazeau is the only one bringing in points. McKenzie gets a point every two games...

This is embarrassing!!!

Last edited:

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
They play 1 good one followed by 4 or 5 bad ones.

#neveragain #alloveragain #failforfirst

McKenzie has been great in the effort department these last 2 games.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Mckenzie seems to play better and looks more engaged after he picks up a point (which is common for everyone but him moreso). Too much of the season may be gone for propp to save even if he is great.
Is there a lottery for 1st overall? How does it work? Liquidating assests should happen, hoping for a bidding war for dineen.

Battalion Fan

Oct 12, 2017
Goaltending and offence has been very inconsistent for the last two seasons.Have to agree with Belair that it would have been nice to see Raymakers between the pipes,but I think the biggest problem over the last couple years is Stan.Your players are not responding to your old tired systems,and many of his top draft picks have not worked out.
I really hope for the future of the Battalion that Mr.Abbott makes a coaching change before it's to late.The fans want to see a competitive product,and that has not been the case over the last couple years.Stan needs to stop blaming the players and take a hard look at himself.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
Big game for the Boys today in Sudbury.It sounds silly saying it's a must win game on November 19th,but it sure could be. They need to start getting some points. Go Troops Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad