North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017

I like the signing. Big goalie and he was really good for Mississauga Rebels

6-1 and not even 30 shots against Purboo yet ... Looks like another loss... This time to the 10th place team.

Man you know a good goalie when you see one.

I can't even watch the rest of this. So sad.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
6-1 and not even 30 shots against Purboo yet ... Looks like another loss... This time to the 10th place team.

Man you know a good goalie when you see one.

I can't even watch the rest of this. So sad.

Yeah good goalies never have bad games in their rookie season. Good call dude

Dylan Wells is one of the top 2 goalies in the OHL and he just gave up 7 goals on 19 shots like 2 nights ago.... And he isn't a rookie. Bad games happen, especially when the D isn't good

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah good goalies never have bad games in their rookie season. Good call dude

Dylan Wells is one of the top 2 goalies in the OHL and he just gave up 7 goals on 19 shots like 2 nights ago.... And he isn't a rookie. Bad games happen, especially when the D isn't good
poor ceci was a victim of bad D with oshawa tonight as well...you're right a bad D night certainly makes their goalies look terrible!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
poor ceci was a victim of bad D with oshawa tonight as well...you're right a bad D night certainly makes their goalies look terrible!

Dylan Wells keeps being a victim of bad D too I guess! He gave up the same # of goals as Ceci did tonight and he only faced 2 more shots. See, a team of bad defenders can make the best goalies look less than average ;)

Last edited:

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Why even start Purboo? Apparently Sime played extremely well last nite, give him the start tonite. Get the wins while you can! Butler had no problem giving Jake Smith start after start after start!! Give Purboo the game in SSM

Reactions: H0CKEY17

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Damien Giroux had a 3 point game for the Spirit, has 17 points on the season ,he was taken in the 3rd round #44 overall. His 17 points is more than McMaster #13 overall & Forhan #33 overall combined for this season. Its not like Giroulx played on Mars , he actually played MM in Sudbury , so then played games @ West Ferris Arena. Do you think anybody from the Troops could have taken the time to scout 5 min from their home rink ? FYI .....Giroux is on the NHL draft list to boot.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Damien Giroux had a 3 point game for the Spirit, has 17 points on the season ,he was taken in the 3rd round #44 overall. His 17 points is more than McMaster #13 overall & Forhan #33 overall combined for this season. Its not like Giroulx played on Mars , he actually played MM in Sudbury , so then played games @ West Ferris Arena. Do you think anybody from the Troops could have taken the time to scout 5 min from their home rink ? FYI .....Giroux is on the NHL draft list to boot.
easy to say make this comparison at this point..last year when mcmaster had a good rookie season with 25pts dont think anyone was questioning this particular comparison. however to be fair, at #13 i think he went a tad high for me...where he played is irrelevent unless you just wish to take all local guys it depends on whats available when your pick comes up..every team has a northern guy thats sees as much local as any team scout on north bay

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Oh Boy, Don't look now but we are overall the last placed team. Not another year like last year. Let's just concentrate on trying to make the playoffs........I guess. Can't blame why the people are staying away.

cub

Apr 11, 2012

I agree, a lot of time local northern kids are overlook, Sudbury passed him up too. However, I think NB doesn't better job in drafting Northern kids for example Chenier and Walker.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Is this you justifying to yourself or everyone else as to why you didn't renew?
Or explain why some continue to go?
I don't have to justify my non-renewal. Any good knowledgeable hockey person would know that the team would be very weak after the two good first years we had here. Don't forget those players were drafted (and reported) when the team was in Brampton, not North Bay. It will be a number of years before this francise gets another contender (if ever). The people that continue to go are only paying with hopes that Abbott keeps the team here. Myself (and a lot of others), could really care less. But why throw good money out the window and watch garbage hockey. I have a lot of other better ways to spend $600.00.

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
Stan just can't produce good hockey. Look on other teams forums, they all say it. Battalions are boring to watch.

Offense is not feared by any team, which makes it easy for other teams to rush up and cause chaos.

Is there talent on the team? Yes. Are the kids being positively motivated? No.

Every body wants out. The team is a sinking ship. It is unfortunate because I do see potential and like some of these young guys.

Reactions: Greatger

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I don't have to justify my non-renewal. Any good knowledgeable hockey person would know that the team would be very weak after the two good first years we had here. Don't forget those players were drafted (and reported) when the team was in Brampton, not North Bay. It will be a number of years before this francise gets another contender (if ever). The people that continue to go are only paying with hopes that Abbott keeps the team here. Myself (and a lot of others), could really care less.

If you don't support the team with season tickets and don't give a crap if the team leaves or not, WHY follow it?.... closet bandwagon fan!

When I go to games, I cheer for our team but enjoy watching the better players on the visiting team too.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Stan just can't produce good hockey. Look on other teams forums, they all say it. Battalions are boring to watch.

Offense is not feared by any team, which makes it easy for other teams to rush up and cause chaos.

Every body wants out. The team is a sinking ship. It is unfortunate because I do see potential and like some of these young guys.

Yup......that's about it in a nutshell. Well said. At least we speak the truth and don't sugar coat it.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...some fans???? on here sure must like watching Blind River...French River et al.........cause that's what you will be watching if OHL leaves...the boxes will be broom closets...the bar a change room for public skating

Reactions: Uncle

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

scouting after the draft is done is always way easier ;)

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
Oh Boy, Don't look now but we are overall the last placed team. Not another year like last year. Let's just concentrate on trying to make the playoffs........I guess. Can't blame why the people are staying away.
Chronic complainer...went to the finals and you were complaining. For someone who is not a season ticket holder, go to games, or care if the team leaves town, you keep showing up on the forum as if you have a vested interest.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Explain to me what 'good hockey' is. The only time I've ever seen other fans complain about 'boring hockey' is when our team was preventing their stars from creating offense. We haven't had an effective defensive team in years due to lack of quality personnel.

Good hockey to me is when your team wins.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Chronic complainer...went to the finals and you were complaining. For someone who is not a season ticket holder, go to games, or care if the team leaves town, you keep showing up on the forum as if you have a vested interest.
For your information, I have been going to the games that I want to see. If they catered to the requests season ticket holder's made, they might get more of them. But that's another story.
My comments are my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own. It just seems that mine are a lot more realistic !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad