North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Just read this:
Brett McKenzie was out a second straight game with what has been described as a lower-body injury
On Stan's show last night. He said that it was a lower body injury he got when he was in Utica and the staff doctor wants it to heal so he will be re-evaluated in the practice Wednesday to see if he's fit to play this Thursday's game against Sarnia.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Stanley is doing just a little necessary housecleaning (not by choice).
So Vertiy ( average at best) gone along with the 4th & 6th round picks last June that we paid Windsor for him.......Rychel smoked Butler on this deal.

Battalion Fan

Oct 12, 2017
So Vertiy ( average at best) gone along with the 4th & 6th round picks last June that we paid Windsor for him.......Rychel smoked Butler on this deal.
Stan has got smoked on a lot of trades over the last few years.If he wouldn't have traded Cormier or Forrest we wouldn't be in the jackpot we are in now or last year with inconsistent goaltenders.The Forrest trade was a huge mistake,as we sent a better goalie than we got down the road and gave them a draft pick if I'm not mistaken.Stan has been in the league a long time,but maybe he should look after the GM duties only and bring a new coach in with new ideas and systems.His systems are old and tired.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Two second rounders, a conditional fourth and a decent backup for Raaymakers to London. Hefty price for the Knights and I gotta admit it doesn't look too intelligent from my perspective. London can't score goals.

We need to be in on Murdaca yesterday.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Two second rounders, a conditional fourth and a decent backup for Raaymakers to London. Hefty price for the Knights and I gotta admit it doesn't look too intelligent from my perspective. London can't score goals.

What are you talkng about have you watch any knights games or just read the box scores lol. Tyler Johnson has been awful this year one 2nd is 2019 the other is 2023 not really as hefty of a price as you think smh

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What are you talkng about have you watch any knights games or just read the box scores lol. Tyler Johnson has been awful this year one 2nd is 2019 the other is 2023 not really as hefty of a price as you think smh
A backup who put up a +0.900sv% last season over 26 games is what I'd consider decent. Two second rounders is two second rounders regardless. Those picks are more often than not used as currency in trades for future rentals. Regardless, I think it's reasonable to say London likely gets at least one of those picks back next year when they trade him as an OA.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

The Gens trading for Ceci instead of someone like Murdaca says to me that his asking price is far too high. If Murdaca was reasonable I'm sure the Gens would've gotten him instead of Ceci

NorthHockey

Sep 9, 2014
The Gens trading for Ceci instead of someone like Murdaca says to me that his asking price is far too high. If Murdaca was reasonable I'm sure the Gens would've gotten him instead of Ceci

Maybe, won't know unless Murdaca lands here or another team. Price can't be too far off. Probably thinking the Gens are just happy for a backup role but imo, North Bay needs a potential starter to take charge. Can't wait too long.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
Lylye wants a trade....now time for rose.....next year....no lyle no dineen...get rose in there Stanley....

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Lylye wants a trade....now time for rose.....next year....no lyle no dineen...get rose in there Stanley....
This can't come as much of a surprise really. Lyle always got put with a Voodoo player last year while Thilander falls all over the place and gives the puck away and gets better minutes.
Lyle is no Dineen but likely our 2nd best offensive D.
The sad part is he was drafted earlier than he should have been in my opinion and we won't get a 1st round offensive Dman type return.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If that doesn't speak volumes about their personnel decisions, I'm not sure what does. Their commitment to Bruce throughout his shaky junior career is dumbfounding.

Hopefully we can manage to pull ourselves a half decent 2000 out of this trade because losing him will be a substantial blow to next year's on ice product.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Brady Lyle - Million dollar feet, Ten Cent Hands!!!

Get Rose and Maillout in there

Agreed Marty,
I'm in shock here, don't you get more ice time if your playing well. Read between the lines Lyle OMG!
Stan throw in Thilander & Saban aswell on a trade and get 2 Goalies that can play 60 minutes of OHL hockey.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Well, when you go the NHL Draft expecting to be picked and nobody picks you, that should rein in your ego somewhat.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Well, when you go the NHL Draft expecting to be picked and nobody picks you, that should rein in your ego somewhat.
And I thought he was one of Stan's pets. Always spoke about him in a positive way even when he's had a horrible night. Always let him make mistakes and kept putting him back out. This season he's finally showed some balls on the ice but is always paired with the 6th D. He's more responsible in his own end than both Saban and Thilander yet plays less than both. While I've always been a Bruce fan, having him on the point with Lyle is just unfair.
Good luck kid, too bad what could have been a great hometown boy story has turned to this.

So in the end it's probably best for both parties that he's going to end up somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad