Norris Finalists: Doughty, Hedman, Subban

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
I've just seen the betting odds on mise-o-jeu, a betting service in Quebec.
Hedman 1,40
Subban 3.25
Doughty6.00

I've looked in 2 betting sites in the US and didn't see anything on Norris winner. Is Doughty that underdog?

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I would go

Hedman
Doughty
Jones
Carlson
Subban

Was expecting Carlson to be the 3rd nominee though.

Hedman wins

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
A few years ago at the Olympics {2014}, Subban had just come off the previous year winning the Norris. yet he played just one game. Rode the pine throughout the rest of the round robin plus playoffs.
The Preds get scored upon twice late in the game, the first Subban flops to the ice...for some reason {?}...the second goal he gave up the puck on a horrible give away then gets caught up ice. Did the Preds dare to put him out there to redeem himself and help tie it up with just over a minute left? Nope. He sat. Perhaps worried he might take a shot at his own net. He might as well, then he can claim he is insane.

Reactions: Goodbahd

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
A few years ago at the Olympics {2014}, Subban had just come off the previous year winning the Norris. yet he played just one game. Rode the pine throughout the rest of the round robin plus playoffs.
The Preds get scored upon twice late in the game, the first Subban flops to the ice...for some reason {?}...the second goal he gave up the puck on a horrible give away then gets caught up ice. Did the Preds dare to put him out there to redeem himself and help tie it up with just over a minute left? Nope. He sat. Perhaps worried he might take a shot at his own net. He might as well, then he can claim he is insane.
Subban still rustling jimmies no matter where he goes. I'm proud of him.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

That goal is on the Preds winger that didn't cover the point when Subban vacated. Since no other team gets so much offence from its back end, it should be unwritten that the wingers be on alert for the attacking dman.
Besides, Subban didn't cough up the juicy rebound that resulted in a tap in.

Reactions: LarryO

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Hedman was a monster this series. Kucherov got the points - Hedman kept other people from getting points.
This. Hedman had a large defensive impact, per usual. There’s a reason that no Devil besides Hall and Hischier got many 5v5 chances through that series.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Yeah that's it. They voted after the season ended, but before the playoffs started. They already know who won, but they're keeping it secret until June.

Do you know that to be true?

I would imagine they just hold the ballots until 2 - 3 days before the awards show and count them then.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
That goal is on the Preds winger that didn't cover the point when Subban vacated. Since no other team gets so much offence from its back end, it should be unwritten that the wingers be on alert for the attacking dman.
Besides, Subban didn't cough up the juicy rebound that resulted in a tap in.
Subban had no business being down there to begin with. We've watched him for two years and not one single time has ever made anything happen that low. Yeah Hartnell should have covered, but he's slow as Christmas which is even more reason for Subban not to be down there to begin. Josi he ain't.

Reactions: Goodbahd

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Subban had no business being down there to begin with. We've watched him for two years and not one single time has ever made anything happen that low. Yeah Hartnell should have covered, but he's slow as Christmas which is even more reason for Subban not to be down there to begin. Josi he ain't.

That goal is one that #17 Hartnell should wear. He's the one who missed covering PK..why do you think he was busting it so hard to get back?
Anyone who thinks it's on PK never played hockey

Last edited:
Reactions: LarryO

RickP

Mar 14, 2017

I would imagine they just hold the ballots until 2 - 3 days before the awards show and count them then.

The 3 finalists are the ones who had the most votes/points (something like 10 points for 1st place, 7 points for 2nd place, 5 points for 3rd place etc... not sure exactly, but it's something along those lines). So I can only assume they already counted all the votes, otherwise they wouldn't know who the finalists are.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Subban? He’s not even the best D on his team lol! Josi is better by a country mile and everyone knows it. The PK nomination has an obvious political agenda behind it.

Hedman should win this.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Yes. They are finalists because they already tallied the votes and they scored the most points in the voting.

Reactions: Legionnaire

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Honestly its Doughty hands down. Him and Kopitar have been dragging that team to wins kicking and screaming this year. Subban has the top 2 d-core supporting him and Hedman has the top 2 forward corps supporting him. Its Doughty, no discussion needed. This is from someone who is not the biggest fan of the Kings.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Subban? He’s not even the best D on his team lol! Josi is better by a country mile and everyone knows it. The PK nomination has an obvious political agenda behind it.

Hedman should win this.

What's the political agenda?
The only one I see are fans that have a racial bias against PK.
He's consistently ranked in the top 5 dman in the NHL year after year - Josi is not in the top 10.
This year he has more goals and points despite being paired with the ineffective Emelin, and being given the tougher defensive assignments.
Not sure where you get your bias from, but I suspect it's the most common PK reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->