GDT: Norfolk V. Scranton

randyc

Apr 2, 2007
Suffolk, Virginia
Last Night

Went to the game and Fasth was down my end two of the 3 periods. The second goal was on a goalmouth scrum with bodies everywhere. An Ad batted the puck out of the air downwards right on the stick of a Pens player who went 5 hole. The third goal he was definitely screened. But overall liked his play. Pretty calm, good positioning very good glove.

Now for the rest of the team. Great first period. They checked out of the hotel for the 2nd and 3rd periods. Could not get the puck through the neutral zone to save them. Real lack of cohesion. There are some good players in there who should hang around after the Ducks send some players back like Lampe.

But 13 shots on goal is atrocious. Hopefully the Ducks will start paring down the numbers later this week and we get some players back. I would expect Holland, Palmieri and DSP to stay along with possibly Hendry. Etem really needs the regular playing experience he would get in Norfolk and the same is true for Vatanen.

I am waiting to hear what is going to be done with Lindholm.

RPGrizzly

Jan 5, 2006
Went to the game and Fasth was down my end two of the 3 periods. The second goal was on a goalmouth scrum with bodies everywhere. An Ad batted the puck out of the air downwards right on the stick of a Pens player who went 5 hole. The third goal he was definitely screened. But overall liked his play. Pretty calm, good positioning very good glove.

Thanks for the insight on Fasth, it's always difficult for goalies to adjust from Europe to North America and vice versa.

I'm only wondering one thing, you said he played well positionally, but did you by chance notice where he tended to set up, depth wise? High, low, did any of that stand out to you?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Just checked the boxscore and saw the low amount of shots. 2 powerplay goals and an empty netter against Fasth. He also got 3rd star so I'm assuming he looked good and the assist on the powerplay is awesome.

I've got him in my keeper league and hoping he sees some NHL action with you guys this year. I think he will be a pretty reliable backup from what I've read on him.

Getting a 3d star on a NA debut in 2-4 loss, where he let in 3 goals but got an assist, isn`t too bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad