Not open for further replies.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I thought Beathard was ok, but this Garrapolo guy has the makings of a starter

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
32 yo, declining power going to a pitchers park, owed 75m over the next 4 years. Still elite defensively, tho.

Call me skeptical if I don't see this putting them above La, Ari and Col

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
32 yo, declining power going to a pitchers park, owed 75m over the next 4 years. Still elite defensively, tho.

Call me skeptical if I don't see this putting them above La, Ari and Col

Oh it doesn't come close to putting them above those three teams. They need a 4th and 5th starter that performs. They need at least one lefty arm in the pen and maybe more depending on Smith's health. They have no clear 7th inning guy and they need help in the outfield. Like Span's easily replaceable but they needed better from him and they got almost nothing out of left field to go with Pence struggling in right.

Reactions: Lebanezer

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Now the Giants are apparently in negotiations with Jay Bruce but don't want to go past three years. If I'm them, I'm certainly sticking to that term with Bruce but at the end of the day, I think it's the wrong approach for them. They need a leadoff hitter unless they put Belt and Panik in the 1-2 spot whichever way but that's not exactly ideal.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Oh it doesn't come close to putting them above those three teams. They need a 4th and 5th starter that performs. They need at least one lefty arm in the pen and maybe more depending on Smith's health. They have no clear 7th inning guy and they need help in the outfield. Like Span's easily replaceable but they needed better from him and they got almost nothing out of left field to go with Pence struggling in right.
I bet they're trying to dump off Pence as we speak. Think they can find some bodies to plug into center and right for cheap that will produce at least the same.

Their infield is top notch. Their 1-2 of Bum and Cueto is solid, but after that there are obviously a lot of questions. If I were a fan I would have wanted a rebuild, but since they aren't going that way they might as well go for it. No half measures.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Wouldn't surprise me regarding Pence especially with all the noise surrounding Bruce signing here. They can get plugs of course. They have plenty of those but if they want to contend they're going to have to get a leadoff hitter and a lefty for the pen at a minimum. But I agree regarding the half measures. That's respectable at least. They can do it if they get the right guys but I don't think they can. They'd probably have to trade for the lefty they need and I don't know if there's a leadoff hitter out there for them to get in a position that's more or less open.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I wouldn't go more than three years for Bruce, either. I honestly don't think going for one more run is the right idea for the Giants. Sure, I expect Arizona and Colorado to regress, but they're still really good teams. Then, of course, there's the Dodgers.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Niners should really thank Belichick. Nice basket of fruit or something.

For Kraft, Brady and Belichick, is this the beginning of the end?

Belichick is the only one who didn't want to trade Garoppolo. If anything they should sent the fruit basket to Tom Brady for being so insecure and Robert Kraft for kowtowing to Brady instead of siding with the more sensible plan of Belichick (though it seemingly wasn't helped by Garoppolo probably intending to leave soon by refusing contract extensions.)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I keep seeing commercials for the NBA Saturday primetime slot since I'm watching the college football game. If you guys think the NHL is bad...

Warriors at Rockets
Celtics at Warriors
Rockets at Cavs
Spurs at Warriors
Thunder at Warriors
Celtics at Rockets
Spurs at Thunder
Thunder at Rockets

And that's it. Eight games, six different teams...

Disclaimer, I'm not an NBA fan. I'm just tired of the networks showing the same teams over and over.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I keep seeing commercials for the NBA Saturday primetime slot since I'm watching the college football game. If you guys think the NHL is bad...

Warriors at Rockets
Celtics at Warriors
Rockets at Cavs
Spurs at Warriors
Thunder at Warriors
Celtics at Rockets
Spurs at Thunder
Thunder at Rockets

And that's it. Eight games, six different teams...

Disclaimer, I'm not an NBA fan. I'm just tired of the networks showing the same teams over and over.

I think the reason they added more prime time games was to show more warriors and Cavs games.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Never understood the complaint. Networks care about making money, and those teams easily draw the most viewers. It's also a lot easier to market the top NBA teams than any other team sport because players like Curry, CP3, and Lebron will have at least 1 highlight reel play a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad