Non-Profit Hockey

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
No not the New York Islanders.

I remember reading about the Kamloops Blazers being run as a nonprofit. Being able to take advantage of tax breaks they were able to operate better and donate money to youth leagues in the area.

Now strictly as a hypothetical (because I don't think it would happen in a million years), could an NHL team be run as a nonprofit? How much of a money difference would that make? And how much money could they potentialy generate? :dunno:

Ogopogo*

Hasbro said:
No not the New York Islanders.

I remember reading about the Kamloops Blazers being run as a nonprofit. Being able to take advantage of tax breaks they were able to operate better and donate money to youth leagues in the area.

Now strictly as a hypothetical (because I don't think it would happen in a million years), could an NHL team be run as a nonprofit? How much of a money difference would that make? And how much money could they potentialy generate? :dunno:

Not sure how well that worked in Kamloops. One ex-employee of the Blazers embezzled a ton of money out of the team. I think they are still hurting from that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad