Non-Hockey Sports Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's like the Keenum signing last offseason... don't know if he'll be any good if he needs to get into a game based on the short and very uninspiring track record...

Keenum turned out pretty damn good when needed. Let's hope we never have to find out with Siemian.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Minnesota is spending $29M/year on Kirk Cousins and Trevor Siemian.

Arizona is spending $28M/year on Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon.

NYJ are spending $25M/year on Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater.

Makes the Kirk deal look pretty decent to me.

Reactions: gphr513 and TaLoN

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Minnesota is spending $29M/year on Kirk Cousins and Trevor Siemian.

Arizona is spending $28M/year on Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon.

NYJ are spending $25M/year on Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater.

Makes the Kirk deal look pretty decent to me.
We also had $22M last year between Bradford, Teddy and Keenum, so it's not like we're spending an extra $20M over last year.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
His YPC is his lowest ever, and receptions (57) are also very low compared to when he was in his heyday in NO. I watch Seattle a fair amount...like them, in spite of their coach. It could just be that Wilson couldn't get him the ball because he was always running for his life behind that crappy O line- Walter Jones, where are you?- but you it's not like he is a bad QB. Just don't expect the Graham of 5 years ago.

I wonder if Belicheck will grab Nelson?
Russell Wilson is a good quarterback but he's no Aaron Rodgers, especially behind that offensive line. YPC can be dictated by play calling as well.
Rodgers has had plenty of decent (but no great) TEs in recent years but has never clicked with any of them. It's a bit odd. I think Graham catches a lot of TDs, especially with Jordy gone, but I can't see him having some monster year.
Jared Cook was a good tight end and Rodgers wanted him back. Ted Thompson disregarded that. I think that was definitely a factor in him being removed as GM, especially with how horrible Bennett was.

I'm bookmarking both of these quotes for the end of the next NFL season.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Berger is leaning towards retiring. That’s a big hole to fill on the line. Cut/restructure Murray, try to sign a guard? Pugh? I don’t know who all is available right now.

Hopefully we can draft an Olineman that can step in like Elflein did. Hill at RT was not ideal/fun to watch, but tackles are expensive in free agency.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Okay... sure...

I'm not saying anything controversial or ripping Rodgers, just telling it how it is. If Graham has a monster year, I'm wrong, I don't care.
Sorry, I've liked Jimmy Graham for awhile. Buddy of mine from Indianapolis is a huge Drew Brees fan, dates back to his time at Purdue, so I'm hoping Graham can replicate those times with a better quarterback. I just think with all the options the packers have on offense I don't see how it won't be top 5, with Graham being a big part of it. No pun intended.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I read somewhere that Richardson was asking for $15M, which would be way too much. I have a few friends who are close to the situation saying we're in on Tyron Mathieu as well and he is quoted saying it isn't about the money. We have the space, which is more important, DT or DB? :huh:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I read somewhere that Richardson was asking for $15M, which would be way too much. I have a few friends who are close to the situation saying we're in on Tyron Mathieu as well and he is quoted saying it isn't about the money. We have the space, which is more important, DT or DB? :huh:
I think a corner should be on our radar. I don't know if Alexander is ready to be thrown into the fire yet. Is Newman back for another year? We just have to plan on his body breaking down eventually. If we could get Mathieu in here to bolster our secondary, I'd be pretty happy.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

For me, DT. Right now Linval is the only starting DT we have on the team. We have a very good secondary already, would having Mathieu as a slot corner be awesome? Yeah, but that'd be a luxury right now. What good is a great secondary if you don't have the ability to stop the run? Get me another DT and let Linval/Richardson make running up the middle irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad