Non-Hockey Sports Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Is Manchester City untouchable in the EPL?
It certainly looks that way. They remind me of those SAF United teams with the way they've been getting late winners, turning draws into wins. Almost halfway through the season, and already an 11 point lead, pretty crazy.

Also, Champions League draw was today, Spurs got a tough draw with Juventus, but those should be fun games to watch. Have to play the best eventually, might as well do it now!

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Big blow for the Eagles, but I don't think it's a death sentence. I think they're still a very good team, and Foles has won games with them in the past.

The road to Minneapolis just got a whole lot steeper for them, though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
How many prime time games does Miami get this year? They seem to be on almost every other Sunday or Monday night game. I'm glad they beat the Pats last night, but it wasn't that great of a game.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Wolves are winning for the first time in over a decade, Wild are on our traditional winning streak, and the Vikes are formidable.

Nice time of year right now...

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wolves are winning for the first time in over a decade, Wild are on our traditional winning streak, and the Vikes are formidable.

Nice time of year right now...

How many MN folks read that and immediately thought: Implosion incoming for their sports teams?

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Timberwolves lose to the Suns who turned it over 23 times while without Booker.

They are clearly flawed, don't see how they become a championship team. Wiggins is a role player who is paid the max.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
They don't seem to know how to play to win. Lots of physical talent, but lacking know-how.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Beautiful TD there.

If the Vikings really want to see Teddy in game action before the end of the year, this game might be a candidate.
I was just thinking I bet they play him in the 4th quarter if the game is still out of hand. Especially in a home game. Cincy is pathetic.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I was just thinking I bet they play him in the 4th quarter if the game is still out of hand. Especially in a home game. Cincy is pathetic.

Home game, against an injured Defense that isn't too different from the defense Teddy plays against in practice, and against an offense that is doing absolutely nothing. Give him some time in the 2nd half, if he screws up royally put Case back in.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Another penalty on the O-line, I'm worried about them. They have put us in what feels like 10 extremely long conversions.

Just killed another drive.

That would cost us the game if we were playing a competent team that hasn't quit on the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad