Prospect Info: Nolan Collins, 167th overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest this lanky Canadian dman with meh numbers doesn't have much untapped offensive upside.

Reactions: Pens x

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
One thing I like, overall, is that they're all 2004 birthyears. No late 2003s or guys that were passed up in prior drafts.

Reactions: Darren McCord

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Like that he's a right shot, also almost 200 pounds as an 18 year old... but a lot of PIMs

Already looped into Canadian national team is a good sign

Also doesn't hurt potential trade value moving forward...

Reactions: Jacob

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I had Gorman ranked 36th out of 36 in my prospect rankings. As others have said, no clue how the Pens/Hextall were able to get any value out of him.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
From @Brock- he knows the OHL better than anyone imo
46. Nolan Collins - Defense - Sudbury Wolves
Collins is a right shot defender with good size and mobility. That alone is going to put him on the scouting radar. He had a solid rookie season with the Wolves and actually earned a spot on Team Canada at the U18's, where he played a depth role for the Canadians. Collins' projection is that of a quality defensive defender. His game is not flashy, but it can be effective. To be an NHL defender his defensive reads will need to improve. The same could be said for his reads with the puck and ability to make a clean exit pass. He is at his best when he can use his feet to help him clear the defensive zone, but when forecheckers close off those lanes, it can lead to turnovers. Right now, the raw physical and athletic tools are intriguing, but the application of those is inconsistent. It would not shock me to see him selected not unlike Chandler Romeo last year. I can see the intrigue.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Like that he's a right shot, also almost 200 pounds as an 18 year old... but a lot of PIMs

Already looped into Canadian national team is a good sign

Also doesn't hurt potential trade value moving forward...

Replacing Bjorkqvist as our body guy?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I had Gorman ranked 36th out of 36 in my prospect rankings. As others have said, no clue how the Pens/Hextall were able to get any value out of him.
It almost seems like a paper transaction. Like Gorman subbing for “future considerations.” Did Chicago owe us a favor? Did Hextall mediate the 3-way trade the day before?

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Well if he's still got two working shoulders in two years' time, he's a better prospect than Connor Hall!

Reactions: jmelm

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Assuming injured but since being sent back to Sudbury he hasn't played. What the dilly yo?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad