1 goal
3 assist
1 own goal
plus/minus +2
0 penalty minutes
11 hits
9 blocked shots
15:59 ice time

I heard many anti-Welch comments. Never better than 5th defenseman, people said. But I also read an interview with him before the season and was surprised how matured mentally this guy is.

Welch is not A+ talent but a very steady player with brain on the right place, I believe.

Your guess?

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I like how he played in the 3 games. Not afraid to play his game even though he was moving up a level however a lot of it was probably adrenaline. He was great in the first game, played well again in the second, and was okay in the third. I think he'll be a solid player but that's all I'm gonna say because Pens fans know not to speak too soon (Christensen, Surovy, etc. all saw to that).

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Boris the Blade said:
But he's a slow defender who thinks he's fast! He'll never make it to the NHL.

the kid already played, meaning hes already made it to the nhl, question is how long he stays which would have made more sense for you to say

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
zetterberg40 said:
the kid already played, meaning hes already made it to the nhl, question is how long he stays which would have made more sense for you to say
He was making a mock post of another HFBoards poster.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
He was a -6 in the AHL all star game and he's a slow skater that thinks he's fast. He'll never be more than a 6-7 D man. :biglaugh:

Can you guess who said this?

Veela

Aug 17, 2005
Prague
I just hope he adjusts himself. A lot of bad skaters made their way to NHL. And he is not that terrible as many suggests.
Love to see him more, being on the best AHL team this season is not adequate for evaluation.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
I actually think Welch's skating is well above average. He's no Paul Coffey, but he's more than mobile enough to play a great positional game and jump in on the rush.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I've always said that Welch will be the number one for the Pens and not Whitney. The kids good. He can pretty much play any way the game turns; from high-tempo to grind it out. He extremely smart, above average skater, his shot could use some work, but it's hard. He reminds me of a more physical Dan Boyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad