Speculation: Noah Hanifin available? - What do the Jets offer up?!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'd give up this years 1st, Petan, and something else of value. Not sure what Carolina would be after.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Perreault and Petan and not a penny more.

Perreault, Petan and a 1st would probably be enough. Shore up our defence for the next few years with that move. Connor and Roslovic would both have to be ready to step in though if we make that deal.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Perreault, Petan and a 1st would probably be enough. Shore up our defence for the next few years with that move. Connor and Roslovic would both have to be ready to step in though if we make that deal.

Connor is probably ready, some time in the AHL did some good. I'd feel happier with a little more seasoning for Roslovic. Perreaults contract is so good, I'd think might even get away with coughing up our 2nd round pick instead of 1st.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Connor is probably ready, some time in the AHL did some good. I'd feel happier with a little more seasoning for Roslovic. Perreaults contract is so good, I'd think might even get away with coughing up our 2nd round pick instead of 1st.

It all depends on how much value Carolina has on Hanifin.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
What's reasonable to acquire:
Noah Hanifin
Defense -- shoots L
Born Jan 25 1997 -- Boston, MA
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 6.03 -- Weight 206 [191 cm/93 kg]

Changed the thread tag to "Speculation". Do you have a definitive and verifiable Media link to justify the "Rumour" tag?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Petan has no value. Friedman unless a gm tells him that a trade has just occurred has no more insights into possible trades then the beer vendor . He writes articles and says should they or would they or might they trade but never says i was told that they were looking to trade player x .After all he thought trouba and 22oa last year was a fair trade for edms 4oa.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Myers, Petan and a 3rd rounder for Hanifin and a 2nd rounder...before the XD.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Don't really want him unless he can be bought low. We already have enough dmen who are mediocre in their end, not interested in adding another one dimensional dmen.

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
He's not even that good, I don't know why you guys love him so much. If we can't get anyone decent in FA, then maybe Roslovic and a second, possible 1st is we had to.
Im not giving up this year's first unless it hey to be our turn and there are no LD left and we got no one in FA.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
They are going to want a forward who can play now, not so much on the futures.

Our young guys are not on the table, and I don't think Little or Wheeler are either.

Perreault seems the only fit, with an add on top. I would think they could do better elsewhere though. I think Hanifin is a better player than some others here though.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He's not even that good, I don't know why you guys love him so much. If we can't get anyone decent in FA, then maybe Roslovic and a second, possible 1st is we had to.
Im not giving up this year's first unless it hey to be our turn and there are no LD left and we got no one in FA.

I think he'd instantly become the best skater on the backend. Kid is a phenomenal skater and can move the puck extremely well. He's putting up similar numbers to Trouba at the same ages. He'll improve, especially in a system like ours.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
There's a reasonable chance Hanifin does not reach potential. He had a good end quarter, but he spent it with players who actually have a history of being strong performers unlike himself.

I'd be very nervous spending what Carolina likely wants for him.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
If Petan had a 12 to 15 goal / 40 pt season then maybe he could be part of the package to trade for D help. But at this point his value couldn't be ANY lower. He's nothing more than the extra piece to a trade and really shouldn't be used that way. He may have more value down the road so hold off on that.
Carolina isn't trading an exempt Hanafin for Myers and hope.
Especially since some of that hope is that Myers can even play again.

Doesn't sound like a good fit for the Jets.
Buff is an offensive D-Man
Trouba is dual threat but has offensive upside.
Morrisey is the same
Myers has some offensive upside.

A less flashy D-name that is really good in their own end will cost less and do more for the team IMO

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Don't Hanifin and Trouba have similar numbers in their 19 year old season?

Nope.

Trouba was about 3.76 goals above replacement prior to penalty differentials
Hanafin is about 1.10 goals above replacement prior to penalty differentials

For context, this year's Jets:
Trouba 12.9
Morrissey 5.4
Byfuglien 5.3
Enstrom 2.7
Postma 2.7
Chiarot 2.1
Stuart 0.5
Myers 0.4
Strait 0.2
Melchiori 0
Nogier -0.1

Don't get me wrong, Hanifin has some potential, but he hasn't hit anything promising other than a short stint with players noted for making others look good.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Connor and spacek Or Harkins and roslo but i think Harkins value is at all-time low though.

Wheeler straight up. Maybe include a spacek or lemieux.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Nope.

Trouba was about 3.76 goals above replacement prior to penalty differentials
Hanafin is about 1.10 goals above replacement prior to penalty differentials

For context, this year's Jets:
Trouba 12.9
Morrissey 5.4
Byfuglien 5.3
Enstrom 2.7
Postma 2.7
Chiarot 2.1
Stuart 0.5
Myers 0.4
Strait 0.2
Melchiori 0
Nogier -0.1

Don't get me wrong, Hanifin has some potential, but he hasn't hit anything promising other than a short stint with players noted for making others look good.

Thanks Garret for your data. I read about Hanifin as he was playing on the 3rd pairing D and once he moved up to the 2nd pairing he flourished. Like Trouba playing with Stewart and then moved to a much better pairings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->