No Russian NHL players at next years WC...

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Well, he said "there might be problems", didn't he? In fact Tretyak is planning training camp for Russian NHLers in September with an obvious goal of reapproachment and setting up a team for Moscow...

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Den said:
Well, he said "there might be problems", didn't he? In fact Tretyak is planning training camp for Russian NHLers in September with an obvious goal of reapproachment and setting up a team for Moscow...
What does this mean?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Actually, a "dream team" better than the Olympic team is planned to be gather by Tretiak in order to win the WC on home soil. I think they are close to signing an agreement as it is.

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
Slitty said:
Actually, a "dream team" better than the Olympic team is planned to be gather by Tretiak in order to win the WC on home soil. I think they are close to signing an agreement as it is.
A Dream Team?! I was not able to watch a tournament, but for those who did, did our team miss leadership? I mean Kovalev has proved to be a good leader for Team RF for the last 5 years or so. And please, tell me more about the agreement. What sort of agreement is it going to be?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I have no idea as to what the nature of the agreement will be. Dream team as in they are hoping to convince even Zubov to participate if availble, the absolute best players availble with nobody saying "no".

As for this statement by Fasel, I dont know what context it was said in, but it shows how much of an NHL lapdog he is. This is a negotiation between the NHL and Russian Ice Hockey Federation now that Tretiak took over, why pressure the Russian side into signing an agreement they are not happy with just to allow their NHLers to participate in IIHF events. If the IIHF was indeed a world hockey organization, it would worry about the benefit of the RSL just as much as the NHL and treat the league as equals instead of trying to expediate of shuffling all the best talent into the NHL as cheaply as possible.

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Slitty said:
I have no idea as to what the nature of the agreement will be. Dream team as in they are hoping to convince even Zubov to participate if availble, the absolute best players availble with nobody saying "no".

As for this statement by Fasel, I dont know what context it was said in, but it shows how much of an NHL lapdog he is. This is a negotiation between the NHL and Russian Ice Hockey Federation now that Tretiak took over, why pressure the Russian side into signing an agreement they are not happy with just to allow their NHLers to participate in IIHF events. If the IIHF was indeed a world hockey organization, it would worry about the benefit of the RSL just as much as the NHL and treat the league as equals instead of trying to expediate of shuffling all the best talent into the NHL as cheaply as possible.
Can't wait to see what all this will result in...Let's hope he does make peice with all NHLers and that Detroit, Montreal, Dallas, Atlanta, etc miss the playoffs (or are out in the 1st round) next year :biglaugh:

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Tretyaks not going to be pressured by the likes of Fasel an inconsequential weasel. But this dream team idea will hit on the snag of NHL contracts.

Only those players not in the playoffs will be in but I guess they are drawing up a list of signatories to it so that there will be no withdrawals of those not participating in the NHL playoffs unless dueto proven injuries.

As a Pen I hope Malkin doesnt light the lamp up too much next season for himself & his linemates but country before team. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->