No respect for Repik?

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Repik has put together a monster playoff yet is no longer even on the radar in a lot of rankings. Surely some team will be willing to spend a 2nd rounder on this guy despite his size and underwhelming regular season, no? He has impressed me as of late, a constant threat in the offensive zone. I'm not going to claim to have seen a lot of him, but from what I have been able to watch he has always been involved.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I think most have considered him an easy 2nd for most of the year. The way this draft is so wide open, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the 1st personally.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I was wondering myself why Repik hasn't at least risen some with what he did in the playoffs. Even the weakest players would rise after a positive performance.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I've definately liked what I've seen from him in the playoffs, and the Memorial Cup thus far, but I still think he's a reach in the 1st round, and I had him as a 2nd rounder for a while now.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He's definitely gone from someone who was over-rated when he was popping up 10-15 overall on lists earlier in the year to under-rated now when most seem to have him mid-2nd round.

I'd think his performance in the playoffs has probably pushed him back into the tail end of the first round. He really seems to have found another gear in his skating and seems a lot quicker than earlier in the year ... his slightly odd skating style and first step quickness has always been my biggest question mark, and he seems to be addressing that well. Physical play and willingness to play in traffic is not a question, and scouts should love the way he's cranked up his game the last couple months when it matters, and when a lot of 'typical' Euros seem to disappear.

I've see-sawed all year on whether I'd rate him or Moller higher, and I'm still a little confused on that one. In any case, if anyone manages to snag him in the 2nd round it's a great pick.

hackNslash

Nov 16, 2006
I hope this guy is still around when the Bruins pick in the 2nd round.He's looked good in the memorial cup,plus the Bruins already have Lucic and Rabbit might as well get Repik into the fold aswell.

TruthDeliveryVehicle*

He's definitely gone from someone who was over-rated when he was popping up 10-15 overall on lists earlier in the year to under-rated now when most seem to have him mid-2nd round.

I'd think his performance in the playoffs has probably pushed him back into the tail end of the first round. He really seems to have found another gear in his skating and seems a lot quicker than earlier in the year ... his slightly odd skating style and first step quickness has always been my biggest question mark, and he seems to be addressing that well. Physical play and willingness to play in traffic is not a question, and scouts should love the way he's cranked up his game the last couple months when it matters, and when a lot of 'typical' Euros seem to disappear.

I've see-sawed all year on whether I'd rate him or Moller higher, and I'm still a little confused on that one. In any case, if anyone manages to snag him in the 2nd round it's a great pick.

I also have been debating on who I like better between Repik and Moller.

Repik seems to have a more NHL-ready game being that he has found comfort playing on a very physical team, but has stepped up the productive part of his game. He has learned to cycle down low with the best of them. He can bury his chances and find open guys in traffic.

Moller may have more 1-on-ability. I like how he has adjusted to the WHL in only one season. His size remains a question mark being that at 5-10, perhaps he won't be able to throw his body around at the next level.

I would say Moller has more potential as a goal-scorer but Repik's more of a sure thing.

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
anybody who has seen repik since he got here last year would know that he is getting no respect from the scouts. i have seen this kid play the last 2 years as i have season tickets and he is what every european isnt. he kills penalties, plays powerplay, hits, fights, shoots, scores, a leader. he isnt a flashy breakout sniper like other euros in the draft like cherapanov, moller, mayorov, anderson all those guys are flashy but they cant kill penalties they cant finish their check like repik does. repik is an allaround solid player that gets no respect. IMO he is like a Henrik Zetterberg because zetterberg does everything in detroit except fight. IMO repik should be higher ther moller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->