No more ties!

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
I hate it. Stupid rule, remove it from the NHL, too.

If two teams are equally good in a game, or a goalie comes up huge to keep his team in the game, why can't the game end with a tie? Stupid. Just plain stupid.

IcedTea

Sep 29, 2005
Vikke said:
I hate it. Stupid rule, remove it from the NHL, too.

If two teams are equally good in a game, or a goalie comes up huge to keep his team in the game, why can't the game end with a tie? Stupid. Just plain stupid.
Why shouldn't two teams both get Olympic gold? Or a Stanley Cup? Because the whole point of sport is to win.

Coffee and 7's*

Vikke said:
:handclap: ´

If you're serious with that post, I'll have to explain my point.
Please let me know ASAP.

He's right. One team should win over the other. That's what sports is about. ties are stupid.

Coffee and 7's*

I don't agree. The best winners should be in the playoffs, not the ones who loses the least.

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Doesn't WC qualify as play-offs? The team that wins it plays a total of what, 9 games?

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
:cry: Oh no, not facking penalty shots again :shakehead

The stupidest idea ever in hockey.

Why copy everything from the nhl, like everything they do is the best thing.

The game was fine the way it was, why does it have to be "enhanced" artifically with something that has no place in a hockey game. :shakehead

I hate god damn panalty shots, damn you Bettman for bringing this stupidity upon us :madfire:

Whats next IIHF? Effin laser-pucks? :dunno:

This news saddens me, what would it look like if someone decided we don't need any ties in soccer for example?

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
The IIHF gets dumber day by day. Coming up with terrible rules, regulations etc. They (the old committee) got to be removed, and new faces have to be put put in charge.

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
Matti_A said:
:cry: Oh no, not facking penalty shots again :shakehead

The stupidest idea ever in hockey.

Why copy everything from the nhl, like everything they do is the best thing.

The game was fine the way it was, why does it have to be "enhanced" artifically with something that has no place in a hockey game. :shakehead

I hate god damn panalty shots, damn you Bettman for bringing this stupidity upon us :madfire:

Whats next IIHF? Effin laser-pucks? :dunno:

This news saddens me, what would it look like if someone decided we don't need any ties in soccer for example?

Actually, the nhl wasn't first with the penalty shot. We tested it here in sweden a couple of years ago. But it wasn't a success, so we changed it back. Didn't they test in euro hockey tour a while back also?

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
gozar said:
Actually, the nhl wasn't first with the penalty shot. We tested it here in sweden a couple of years ago. But it wasn't a success, so we changed it back. Didn't they test in euro hockey tour a while back also?

They didn't just test it, it's a common thing in European leagues and international tournaments.

One thing I absolutely hate, is when people blame Bettman for things he has absolutely no control over :shakehead

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Like Wall said:
The IIHF gets dumber day by day. Coming up with terrible rules, regulations etc. They (the old committee) got to be removed, and new faces have to be put put in charge.
Made up mainly from people from hockey countries.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
12# Peter Bondra said:
Made up mainly from people from hockey countries.

Hockeys countries.. Depends on what you define as a hockeys country. A country where hockey is played? Then yes.

As a Swiss dentist being the head, I've never been too confident. As he has done nothing but strengthen this position I have of him.

People in the council from Japan, Austria, Great Britain, Germany and Spain for gods sake!

Just check the development committee, out of 5 members, 3 are from non-traditional hockeys countries. One of them is from Serbia Montenegro!

Now I'm all for spreading the message of hockey all over the world, but when there are people who really don't always seem to be that intelligent on matters concerning hockey, I don't feel that confident.

Of course you can always counter with that leaders are never fully abreciated, or that I should do things better myself if I know how, but then again those are not good arguementative points. Not saying mines are either, though.

Fasel has rarely looked further that a year or two away when he has made these weird decisions. Don't think he has given deep thought to this either..

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
gozar said:
Didn't they test in euro hockey tour a while back also?

Not only a while back, this rule was in place for this year's Euro Tour, I believe.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Diaboli said:
Hockeys countries.. Depends on what you define as a hockeys country. A country where hockey is played? Then yes.

As a Swiss dentist being the head, I've never been too confident. As he has done nothing but strengthen this position I have of him.

People in the council from Japan, Austria, Great Britain, Germany and Spain for gods sake!

Just check the development committee, out of 5 members, 3 are from non-traditional hockeys countries. One of them is from Serbia Montenegro!

Now I'm all for spreading the message of hockey all over the world, but when there are people who really don't always seem to be that intelligent on matters concerning hockey, I don't feel that confident.

Of course you can always counter with that leaders are never fully abreciated, or that I should do things better myself if I know how, but then again those are not good arguementative points. Not saying mines are either, though.

Fasel has rarely looked further that a year or two away when he has made these weird decisions. Don't think he has given deep thought to this either..
Agreed.

Just somebody from either Russia, Sweden, Finland etc. Switzerland is good in hockey but it doesnt have such a tradition as in Finland for example.

obscene

Feb 25, 2006
I was just thinking during this year's tournament that it's nice to have ties again and I didn't see why they thought they had to get rid of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->