No Memorial Cup thread ?

habitue*

I am trying to find on the board some discussions about the Memorial Cup tournament being played right now in Moncton. Nobody interested ? Anybody watch the first two games ?

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
I watched Vancouver vs Moncton last night and I'm watching Vancouver vs Quebec now. Should be a great game. Can finally see Radulov and Esposito play, should be an awesome game. Bourdon and Yandle played a great game last night vs the Giants.

1-0 Vancouver now

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Two games in a row Vancouver has fallen apart. Slade doesn't seem all that special, and Radulov really stepped up. Esposito has been good, as has # 6 Bergeron for Quebec, he's thrown some nice hits and set up plays. Vancouver's in a trouble now at 0-2.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Radulov definitely is good. He stood out. Brule is also a player.

I was a little disappointed with Esposito though it might not have been his best game. I thought that Repik looked just as good as Esposito and they're both the same 2007 draft year. Don't know what I expected but with all the hype around Esposito I expected more. But did not get it.

I think I've seen other forwards that are just as good. Zach Hamill, Brandon Sutter and Michal Repik to name a few off hand.

Whawks33

Apr 1, 2002
Portland OR
Visit site
Think the answer of the season long WHL question has finally been found. The question: Is Slade as good as his numbers or does he benefit from having a great team in front of him. Answer: Slade is not that great a goalie and has put up the numbers he has because of the team in front of him. Patrick Roy has even said the Ginats would be 2-0 if they had a better goalie. Can't say as I disagree either.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
I've heard tighty whities help prevent chafing. All kidding aside. Where are the box scores? or the game sheets for the games. I can't find them. Help please. :help:

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Whawks33 said:
Patrick Roy has even said the Ginats would be 2-0 if they had a better goalie. Can't say as I disagree either.

To quote Donnie Hay today, Patrick should worry about his own goalie. Say what you will about Slade's play but Desjardins hasn't looked great either.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Kevin Forbes said:
To quote Donnie Hay today, Patrick should worry about his own goalie. Say what you will about Slade's play but Desjardins hasn't looked great either.

Agreed on that. They've won many games in spite of Desjardins as opposed to because of him.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Thanks Charlie_Girl. That is what I was looking for.

I'm glad Giants got a chance to stay to play another game as it makes the whole Memorial Cup more interesting. But I think right now Moncton seems to be the fastest skating team and I don't know if the three other teams will be able to keep up with them. Mind you a hot goalie can steal you a game.

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
the winner tonight (Moncton vs Québec) goes to the final.
the loser goes to the semis.

Vancouver plays Peterborough tomorrow for the tie breaker.
The winner goes to the semis.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Leph28 said:

Who will the winner (Moncton vs Quebec) play in the final?

5 teams in the tourny at this point?

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Leph28 said:

That's what I see, but Quebec still could have the same record as Vancouver or the petes losing tonight, why is it that Quebec already goes to the semis, at least, if they lose tonight ?

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
Belgican said:
That's what I see, but Quebec still could have the same record as Vancouver or the petes losing tonight, why is it that Quebec already goes to the semis, at least, if they lose tonight ?

I haven`t made the calculations myself, but there`s a nice math formula that takes into account the goals scored and goals against.. and apparently Québec has the edge over both Peterborough and Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad