No meeting thread??? Here's one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Beauty said:
I'm in an overly optimistic mood! I bet they sign on the dotted line today.

I think I'm going to start allowing small amounts of optimism

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Tiki said:
I'm optimistic about a two week time frame.

It takes time to get things such as this Lawyered up.
I agree .. Lawyers have a propensity to double charge and over bill for their services.

A deal could already be done in principle and the process needs another 2 weeks now to go over the lawyer billing invoices they have submitted and try reconcile where all these costs are coming from.

Whirlwind

Feb 14, 2005
US
Beauty said:
I'm in an overly optimistic mood! I bet they sign on the dotted line today.

If they sign something today, I will eat my socks. GLADLY :D

Since, it is more likely that I will be killed by aliens and my body fed to wolves in the middle of New York city than they signing an agreement today...I do believe that I will be safe not getting out the salt and pepper out just yet. :(

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
actually.. all the rumors/columns i've read in the few days or so are hinting towards 1 week left :)

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
PitkanenPower said:
"Two weeks left" is starting to sound like the summer version of "we continue to have philosophical differences."

except for one key difference...

the NHL or the PA never said that... this "two weeks" stuff is all media speculation

Tiki

Mar 1, 2002
Goo Lagoon
Visit site
PitkanenPower said:
"Two weeks left" is starting to sound like the summer version of "we continue to have philosophical differences."

Actually "two weeks left" is starting to sound more like "I want my two dollars" from Better Off Dead. Repetitive, annoying, and not really getting the job done for the reporter or the reader.

I agree .. Lawyers have a propensity to double charge and over bill for their services.
Messenger, I think you may draw the ire of both Bobby G and Gary with comments like that, no matter how true they may be. :D

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
Tricolore#20 said:
Anyone willing to make a list of all the overused expressions on these boards during this whole ordeal...?

I wonder who will write the book too.

It's not the overused expressions that I'm tired of. It's certain individuals who have made a 'name' for themselves because of this lockout. Like everyone's favorite blogger. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he releases a book, "How I Duped the Hockey World", when all is said and done. Credibility will be lost and money gained, but lets be honest, he never had any credibility to begin with.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Tiki said:
Messenger, I think you may draw the ire of both Bobby G and Gary with comments like that, no matter how true they may be. :D
Yup being Pro-Fan ... not concerned for their feelings to tell you the truth and the sooner the NHL gets rid of them and moves on the better for everyone involved.

You know the saying .. "What do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the Ocean??"

A GOOD START ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->