No Meeting this Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazee

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I noticed that the owners will discuss changing their strategy from using replacement players to 'staying the course' until a deal gets done. Sounds good to me. The impasse/replacement player strategy is very risky because it puts the fate of the NHL in the hands of the government bureaucracy and the courts. There is little risk in waiting the players out.

Taranis_24

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
What else could the PA have on their schedule? If it was mentioned in the last meeting that they would likely meet this week then why schedule anything? Just tell me this isn't Goodenow going back to his negotiating tactics of waiting for a deadline?

chiavsfan

Conflicting schedules? Last I checked there was no NHL hockey being played, and the owners I could understand (with other business ventures) but the PA who is in the hockey business shouldn't have much besides more golf on their schedules

X0ssbar

"Conflicting schedules" - total ploy by the NHLPA to make the NHL sweat...

..and the game of "idiots vs. idiots" drags on..

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
chiavsfan said:
Conflicting schedules? Last I checked there was no NHL hockey being played, and the owners I could understand (with other business ventures) but the PA who is in the hockey business shouldn't have much besides more golf on their schedules

You can understand a billionaire having "other business ventures" but not a millionaire? A lot of professional hockey players have businesses aside from playing hockey. Some have family commitments.. actually there could be a million things that could be happening aside from playing golf

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
nyrmessier011 said:
how do you figure the PA is trying to do that?
By some incredibly stupid assessment that April 20, when the NHL is meeting to decide how to approach the upcoming season, by delaying the planning of replacements the NHLPA would benefit. If they figure they have found another NHL pressure point, they will try to put a wrench in the plan with delay tactics.

X0ssbar

nyrmessier011 said:
how do you figure the PA is trying to do that?

Because I don't believe the NHLPA has a legit "conflict" in their schedule.

Maybe the 'PA is rethinking their latest concept? Maybe the 'PA wants to give the NHL more time to consider its concept? Maybe the 'PA wants to make the NHL think that they could pull their concept from the table? Who really knows.

One thing I do know is that the 'PA isn't losing anything by waiting another week - the NHL however loses another week to market, sign players, get their TV deal in order, etc, etc.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I said this would happen last week, and I was ridiculied.

Conflicting Schedules....

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Maybe Goodenow needs to get a manicure...or is it Saskin now? Who knows what is going on in the players world.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Comrie_fan said:
I heard that Goodenow have a family lunch the of the reunion to celebrate his dog birthday..... :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

(joke)

Of course you were joking, we knew that... If anyone were to throw a giant party for a pooch, it would be Mike Modano in honor of his fantastic animal Anastasia-Priscilla. Unfortunately, he may be a few bucks shy on the party hats these days..

SPARTAKUS*

That does't concern me one bit. They will meet next week and a deal will get done. No big deal. You guys need to go with the flow. Breath in, breath out.

CalgaryThrasher

Feb 28, 2003
Calgary Alberta Cana
Visit site
OTTSENS said:
That does't concern me one bit. They will meet next week and a deal will get done. No big deal. You guys need to go with the flow. Breath in, breath out.

No doubt... people here are amazingly bi-polar. Oh noes! there are no meetings planned between the two sides!! :cry:

How do you know they still aren't talking via teleconference?

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
CalgaryThrasher said:
No doubt... people here are amazingly bi-polar. Oh noes! there are no meetings planned between the two sides!! :cry:

How do you know they still aren't talking via teleconference?

Because its Bob and Gary... DUH!

:biglaugh:

But seriously..

since the final "offers" before they canned the season were sent via fax and news media, can we expect anything less this time?

:dunno:

As long as they don't let one week without meeting slide into 2 weeks without meeting, in the grand scheme this is nothing..... but lunch between Daly and Saskin(a PR meet and greet) would have been nice, even if they talked about nothing... it would have shown that they care about the fan and want to at least attempt to show they are working on SOMETHING...

WHARF1940

Jan 2, 2005
down in a hole
NHL general managers spent the weekend working on the latest homework assignment. Executive vice president, Colin Campbell asked teams to formulate scenarios based on all of the suggested changes last Thursday in Detroit and provide a summary of how they see the game being played. From there a competition committee will be formed to fully analyze all of the discussed alterations before a list of recommendations is compiled by this committee for the leagues managers and governors to ultimately decide on.

I really think I might scream if I have to hear any more about the stupid rule changes being worked on while we still have no game to change the rules of!!! :madfire:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Enoch said:
I said this would happen last week, and I was ridiculied.

Conflicting Schedules....

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Maybe Goodenow needs to get a manicure...or is it Saskin now? Who knows what is going on in the players world.
Goodenow stated a while back that he plans to head over to Europe and have a NHLPA meeting like he had with NA hockey players and agents to update them on the progress of the CBA ..

He said that would happen before the World Championships get under way .. So considering that today is the 12th and they begin on the 30th with the week prior set for exhibition games that does not leave very many days for such an event ..

That could very well be the Conflict right there ..

Exisled

Feb 23, 2005
The Messenger said:
Goodenow stated a while back that he plans to head over to Europe and have a NHLPA meeting like he had with NA hockey players and agents to update them on the progress of the CBA ..

He said that would happen before the World Championships get under way .. So considering that today is the 12th and they begin on the 30th with the week prior set for exhibition games that does not leave very many days for such an event ..

That could very well be the Conflict right there ..

Could be. Could be.

Or it could also be BOTH the PA and the League telling the Press:

"Move along, folks, move along. Nothing to see here. Nothing to see at all."

Because we all know how constructive the Press has been when they get wind of the locations of these meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad