No Jets Reward Points for the playoffs

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I ran into my STH rep at the Rangers game and asked her if we get Jets Rewards points for the playoffs - specifically for the dollars we spend on tickets but also for attendance and early arrival. Got my answer today.

Nope. Nada. Nothing.

I dunno, I suppose it, in itself, isn't a big deal but it just feels like another example of the organization taking us for granted. The Jets Rewards program is a bit of a joke to begin with but it's better than nothing. Why would they exclude the playoffs? Doesn't make sense imho.

Thoughts?

m.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I ran into my STH rep at the Rangers game and asked her if we get Jets Rewards points for the playoffs - specifically for the dollars we spend on tickets but also for attendance and early arrival. Got my answer today.

Nope. Nada. Nothing.

I dunno, I suppose it, in itself, isn't a big deal but it just feels like another example of the organization taking us for granted. The Jets Rewards program is a bit of a joke to begin with but it's better than nothing. Why would they exclude the playoffs? Doesn't make sense imho.

Thoughts?

m.
They have been taking the season ticket holders for granted since day 1. It will come back to bite them sooner rather than later.

I can see many ticket groups crumbling soon. The reward of being a STH is becoming less important when tickets are readily available.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Why did they ever introduce Jets Rewards to begin with? To lure me away from those other NHL teams whose loyalty programs I found so enticing? :laugh:

Reactions: Sabadecade

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Why did they ever introduce Jets Rewards to begin with? To lure me away from those other NHL teams whose loyalty programs I found so enticing? :laugh:

I asked myself that same question when they introduced the program. The way they arbitrarily decided to make the points expire connected with the perennial inflation they attach to the available rewards suggests to me that they implemented the Jets Rewards program to use as another avenue to demonstrate their contempt for the season ticket holders.

86 the program and give us a break on our season ticket costs I say.

m.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
giphy.gif

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
They’ve significantly reduced the value of points year over year. Just look at how many points it costs to get a Jets Gear Gift Card now vs when it started.

And the expiry of points is so frustrating and pointless.

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
They have been taking the season ticket holders for granted since day 1. It will come back to bite them sooner rather than later.

I can see many ticket groups crumbling soon. The reward of being a STH is becoming less important when tickets are readily available.

I personally know 6 different season tix groups and 5 out of the 6 are done as of this year. Its pretty hard to find extras to take the tix now. They had such a horrible time, that the end of this year, they are just giving up.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Hey, I just got an email that Hawerchuk's in town again and they're raffling off lunch with Ducky at the Keg for 1000 points per entry.

Is it weird how much Hawerchuk's been around lately? Doesn't he coach the Colts anymore?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Hey, I just got an email that Hawerchuk's in town again and they're raffling off lunch with Ducky at the Keg for 1000 points per entry.

Is it weird how much Hawerchuk's been around lately? Doesn't he coach the Colts anymore?

Maybe they give him a shot with the Mooses if some NHL team scoops up Pascal in the offseason?

Reactions: Gm0ney
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Junior teams play basically their entire schedule on weekends.

Barrie's played 53 games:

Mondays-0
Tuesdays-0
Wednesdays-1
Thursdays-13
Fridays-13
Saturdays-19
Sundays-7

Junior hockey players still have school.

Reactions: Gm0ney

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
They’ve significantly reduced the value of points year over year. Just look at how many points it costs to get a Jets Gear Gift Card now vs when it started.

And the expiry of points is so frustrating and pointless.

Club Z model is alive and well. I'm thankful I used my points early on and got some decent stuff (Buff's auto on my poster of the opening game; Scheif's auto'd jersey) because my points likely won't add up to much anymore in combination with the expiry rules.

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
Jets tickets barely sell for my own cost now. The market has definitely dried up, in a year where the team is actually unreal. The only incentive right now for tickets is playoff games.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
I asked myself that same question when they introduced the program. The way they arbitrarily decided to make the points expire connected with the perennial inflation they attach to the available rewards suggests to me that they implemented the Jets Rewards program to use as another avenue to demonstrate their contempt for the season ticket holders.

86 the program and give us a break on our season ticket costs I say.

m.

I dunno, I have cashed in on a team autographed stick and two upgrades to row one. Those are pretty nice perks, and I doubt there'd be a significant drop in prices if they didn't offer stuff like that.

I do agree that the expiry thing is dumb and not really fair to lower cost season ticket holders.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I dunno, I have cashed in on a team autographed stick and two upgrades to row one. Those are pretty nice perks, and I doubt there'd be a significant drop in prices if they didn't offer stuff like that.

I do agree that the expiry thing is dumb and not really fair to lower cost season ticket holders.
I got a couple of gift cards back when they were first offered for cheap. I've done the front-row seat upgrades a couple of times too - I wouldn't want to sit that close every game but it's definitely a fun experience to sit on the glass. I really have no complaints about Jets Rewards...but the Jets are in a PR no-win situation when they make changes to scale back the program.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->