no goalie in the top 10 this year's draft

shayne

Feb 27, 2003
ontario
Visit site
over the last couple of years their have been talk of a goalie picked in the top 10, habs jumped a little early on price and bernier just missed out at 11 in LA if i recall correctly, their was rask at 18 and previously the fleury's and dipietro's at number 1

i am a hab fan so i don't want a goalie but i have noticed that their is little talk about a franchise type goalie in this years draft

is it true, i hope a top 10 team takes a goalie so a top 10 player(non goalie) falls a spot to the habs

who is the top goalie and how high will he be taken?

thanks

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
no goalie will go in the top 10 in this years draft, almost guaranteed. But imo the goalie tghat deserves to go first in this years draft will be that Goalie from Plymouth, Jeremy Smith

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
no goalie will go in the top 10 in this years draft, almost guaranteed. But imo the goalie tghat deserves to go first in this years draft will be that Goalie from Plymouth, Jeremy Smith

No doubt Jeremy Smith is the most talented of the goalie bunch. However, I'd like to nominate Kent Patterson as one of the darkhorse picks in goaltenders. He can be very good, potentially. I can see him being taken over Trevor Cann and even Brad Phillips. He can go in the second round.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Joel Gistedt will go in the 1st IMO.

if he had this years season last season he would have been top 15. but he was eligible last season and i think that will make him drop to the second round. i think he will be a good one. there is only one question mark with him. he is pretty small and drops down on he's knees very fast. and as the season progressed the other teams picked up on this and started aming high with every shot. this made he's sv% drop from around 91.5 to just under 90 in the last 10-15 games. thats pretty much the only thing he needs to work hard on. other then that he is a very complete goalie.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
if he had this years season last season he would have been top 15. but he was eligible last season and i think that will make him drop to the second round. i think he will be a good one. there is only one question mark with him. he is pretty small and drops down on he's knees very fast. and as the season progressed the other teams picked up on this and started aming high with every shot. this made he's sv% drop from around 91.5 to just under 90 in the last 10-15 games. thats pretty much the only thing he needs to work hard on. other then that he is a very complete goalie.

Goalies take longer to developp anyway so it's not that big of a deal that he's 19 instead of 18. He's already got the fundamentals and is playing (and doing great) against grown mens. If a team really likes him they will take him in the 1st before anyone else does. As you said he's such a complete goalie and is such a tremendous athlete, this kid has crazy potential IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->