No Euro's in the QMJHL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Jozeph_Balej said:
Wrong , Moncton have 3 , 4 with Pinault .. Victoriaville , Halifax both have 2 and it's logical to think that Lewiston will add more Americans over the years .

Charlottetown Cape Breton , Moncton , Lewiston and Bathurst are all english city and all the big market in the league like Quebec can bring Americans without much problem ...

Americans on Quebec Rempart :

Andricopoulos, Andrew , D , Beverly, MA, USA
Blanchette, Adam D , Berlin, CT, USA
Bletzer, Jay D , Boston, MASS, USA
Coughlin, Kevin LW , South Boston, MA, USA
Hennessy, Josh C , Rockland, MASS, USA( drafted by SJ )
LaVallee, Jordan LW , Corvallis, OR, USA
Laverdière, Justin RW , Woonsocket, RI, USA
Ryan, Joey D , Stoneham, MA, USA
Shaw, Evan , D , Narragansett, RI, USA

American in Q :

Dilorenzo, Michael , Goalie , Schenectady, NY, USA - Halifax
Farrell, Rory , D-Man ...Boston, MASS, USA - Baie Comeau
Gates, Bobby , D , Providence, RI, USA - Lewiston
Lane, Jesse , D Boston, MASS, USA - Victoriaville ( drafted by CAR )
Lapierre, Ryan , LW , Rhode Island, USA - Victoriaville
Lovejoy, Ben , D , Concord, NH, USA - Moncton
McGuirk, Brian , C , Danvers, MA, USA - Moncton
Melanson, Mathieu AD , New-York, USA - Chicoutimi ( drafted by MIN )
Murphy, Dan , G , Jacksonville, FLO, USA - Gatineau
Pineault, Adam , RW , Holyoke, MA, USA - Moncton
Schultz, Greg , RW , Springfield, MA, USA - Moncton
Sharrow, Jim , D , Framingham, MA, USA - Halifax ( drafted by ATL )
Pouliot, James , C , Manchester, NH, USA - Halifax

For a Total of 23 Americans ... a complete team .

Note : Most of them are from the region of Boston , look like they produce some good players .

I know some team have American, but not as the Remparts, that's what I wanted to show. 2 or 3 Americans on 2 or 3 teams that's not the same thing as 9 on the same thing. I wanted to show that the Remparts are an exeption for now (because you are right with Lewiston who will add some American)

And for what I said about the language, it was general. I know that some city are 100% english, but others not and I just take them for exemple to show a problem. That problem is look at the city you mentionned for having some Americans (Halifax, Moncton) both are english city. And if some American refuse to play in the french city that won't be equitable. Now that is the case, some American refuse to play in some city, but accept in some others. The league must look at that.

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
Don't you all agrea that putting limits and rules on Hockey players can only be an act of protectionism. What I would like to see is Free Hockey!
Player's can go and play in whatever league wants them with only age being the consideration for eligibility. this would mean that only the best player's from around the globe would wind up in the best leagues and the competition level would increase dramatically. There is nothig to win in the long run by holding player's back. To limit the number of American's in the CHL would have an adverse effect because at the same time your limiting American player's your trying to reach a new american market and have and expand more american teams. Let's try to think ahead to years from now when the CHL is still the strongest and largest league because it continues to grow and attract all the best players from around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad