No Devils media availablity before training camp per Lou

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Tom Gulitti ‏
Although other teams have made their head coaches available to media already, Devils won't let media talk to Pete DeBoer before camp opens.

Tom Gulitti ‏
Devils also won't allow media in building to watch players' informal skates prior to start of camp.

Tom Gulitti ‏
I just pleaded with Lou Lamoriello to change that policy because of circumstances coming out of the lockout and he heard me out and said no.

Lou+Lamoriello+New+Jersey+Devils+Name+New+1KIsoJs5qXMl.jpg

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Tom Gulitti ‏
Although other teams have made their head coaches available to media already, Devils won't let media talk to Pete DeBoer before camp opens.

Tom Gulitti ‏
Devils also won't allow media in building to watch players' informal skates prior to start of camp.

Tom Gulitti ‏
I just pleaded with Lou Lamoriello to change that policy because of circumstances coming out of the lockout and he heard me out and said no.

Caddyshk_017Pyxurz.jpg

"You'll get nothing and like it."

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
TG's pissed :laugh:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
I for the life of me wouldn't know why a fan would be satisfied with that, but if you are, that's your choice, I guess.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
TG just posted series of tweets about a conversation he had with Lou where his suggestion of making DeBoer and the players available to the media was rejected. Meanwhile, both the Rangers and the Flyers have opened their unofficial practices to the public today.

Lou is one of the best GMs in the business imo, but I would have no problem with Vanderbeek pushing him to the side concerning these PR type decisions.

Tweets below with newest first:

I for the life of me wouldn't know why a fan would be satisfied with that, but if you are, that's your choice, I guess.

Lockouts come and lockouts go (and come and go, and come and go), but some things never change.

Tom Gulitti Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i know, i couldn't believe it when i read about that in another thread!

:sarcasm:

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
IF Devs are happy with their relationship with their fans, number of tickets they sell & not worried about lockout fallout, why should I be?

Tom your inner Ranger fan is showing.

Scotty K ‏@Scottyk9
@TGfireandice Okay just go back to covering the Rangers if you're that unhappy. No fans want a reporter who takes shot's at the team.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I find it pretty ignorant to piss even more on the fans that make this product actually exist. We've been waiting for the past 100+ days to see the game we love and he won't open "meaningless" practices to the public, seriously?

It doesn't affect me personnaly since I don't live in the area but for those who do, I'd be pretty pissed. I would expect some type of "gift" from all 30 organisations to sweaten that sour taste NHL fans presently have in the mouth but oh well... Lou will be Lou I guess.

feerlessleadr

Jul 1, 2006
New Jersey
IF Devs are happy with their relationship with their fans, number of tickets they sell & not worried about lockout fallout, why should I be?

Tom your inner Ranger fan is showing.

Scotty K ‏@Scottyk9
@TGfireandice Okay just go back to covering the Rangers if you're that unhappy. No fans want a reporter who takes shot's at the team.

he may be a ranger fan, but he certainly isn't wrong...

DevilChuk*

I find it pretty ignorant to piss even more on the fans that make this product actually exist. We've been waiting for the past 100+ days to see the game we love and he won't open "meaningless" practices to the public, seriously?

It doesn't affect me personnaly since I don't live in the area but for those who do, I'd be pretty pissed. I would expect some type of "gift" from all 30 organisations to sweaten that sour taste NHL fans presently have in the mouth but oh well... Lou will be Lou I guess.

No shot they open to the public. That's not even what TG is talking about and no other team in the NHL will open their training camp to the public.

Honestly, who cares. TG is whining about something that doesn't even matter in typical TG fashion. Watching Elias skate around in circles 'informally' isn't going to make him a better writer.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
From a media standpoint, I could see how this would frustrate TG. Even if he's not a Devils fan I'm sure he would like to be back to his old routine interviewing and venturing throughout the practice rink and Prudential Center, actually be doing his job instead of following lockout nonsense.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
I'm totally fine with it. They need to be 100% focused on playing hockey, not getting a hundred questions about the lockout.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

No shot they open to the public. That's not even what TG is talking about and no other team in the NHL will open their training camp to the public.

Honestly, who cares. TG is whining about something that doesn't even matter in typical TG fashion. Watching Elias skate around in circles 'informally' isn't going to make him a better writer.

Meanwhile, both the Rangers and the Flyers have opened their unofficial practices to the public today

Getting something, anything, related to our team we've missed for the past several months would just be a bonus to us fans, no? If I was living in NJ, I'd be more then happy to attend a practice to watch the team I love, especially after going threw that lockout.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
TG needs to change his diapers rather than try to whip up fan anger on his behalf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->