NMK's super-special-snazzy-sassy draft PICK THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
slats432 said:
Don't you guys have enough of small(Well Bergfors isn't that small...but anyways..) skilled Swedes? You needed a goalie...LMAO. :D

We arent giving up on Telly, Pogge yet. And We'll go by the approach of taking goalies in the later rounds.

What we needed are skilled wingers. Alex Steen, Matt Stajan play C the best. Bergfors is a great pick for us. He was very impressive in WJC.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Patty Ice XXX said:
Real ballsy pick...do you think he has a ceiling higher than a third liner?

I think he could be a hard working 2nd line center or 3rd line center at worse. He wasn't at the top of my list, but I think he could be a great cog for Chi down the road. He is probably more of a 25-35 OA pick, but he was the only guy left that jumped out at me.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Barnaby said:
I think he could be a hard working 2nd line center or 3rd line center at worse. He wasn't at the top of my list, but I think he could be a great cog for Chi down the road. He is probably more of a 25-35 OA pick, but he was the only guy left that jumped out at me.

Well, let me describe what I mean by ballsy...as I think Abdelkaber is a safe prospect. However, by safe, I mean that he's regarded as a guy who, by most, will top out as a 3rd liner and is largely regarded as a 2nd round prospect. So in that respect, it was a ballsy move to grab a 3rd line guy, slated for the second round, in the early 20s. But if you see more that's easily justified. Given Chicago prospect pool, I would have swung for the fences with a guy like [spoil]Andrew Cogliano[/spoil] I think he could be a sleeper.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Patty Ice XXX said:
Given Chicago prospect pool, I would have swung for the fences with a guy like [spoil]Andrew Cogliano[/spoil] I think he could be a sleeper.

i'm hoping he is left for Calgary to take....

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
alright, jumptheshark has missed his pick, and i sent him a PM explaining the situation\what can be done, if he so chooses. In his absence...I'll pick

Tuukka Rask

Rask will give the Devils an heir to the throne, when Marty decides to hang up his skates. The Devils are surprised and pleased to find him still available this late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad