NJ's Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
Great move by Lamoriello to move up and get Parisé last year.

At twenty Valabik, the 6'6" Kitchener Ranger brute, could still be available. Fellow Slovak Meszaros could still be there, not as big but more polished.

Forget about Barker, Thelen, Green, and O'Neill. They'll all be gone unless Lamoriello... ahem... moves up.

McKeen's latest top 100 had Czech Ladislav Smid pegged smack-dabb at #20.

The next highest North American is Kamlopps Blazer Roman Tesliuk, but #20 would be too high a pick for him.

After that you're getting into players who aren't even projected as sure-fire first rounders. A lot of other teams picking higher than the Devils have been rumoured to be interested in defense, so if you're dead set about drafting one of the better defensive prospects this year, it would be in Lamoriello's best interest to try and trade up.

Swining a deal for Minnesota's pick at #12 would be sweet, since it looks like L.A. at #11 will spring for a goalie, while Buffalo at #13 is itching for blueline help.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Hey, thanks. I could see Lou swinging a deal to get a higher pick, but it would be more likely for him to trade downwards, perhaps swapping the first rounder for a pair of second rounders with Washington or the such.

With Conte, I trust us to pick someone with skill and heart.

hockeyguy1

who cares NJ is boring to watch they proberly will draft another robot.

Lisa Needs Braces

Apr 7, 2004
what about Kyle Chipchura :dunno:

I've heard he's a good defensive forward and a good leader. I'm not sure whether he would still be around at #20

VanCanuck

May 9, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Irish_Leaf said:
what about Kyle Chipchura :dunno:

I've heard he's a good defensive forward and a good leader. I'm not sure whether he would still be around at #20

I don't think he'll drop that much. He's ranked NO.1 in NA. But with Parise last year you never know. ;)

PEli*

:bow: Valabik

What more could Devils fans ask for with the 20th pick?

Lisa Needs Braces

Apr 7, 2004
Go-SENS-Go said:
I don't think he'll drop that much. He's ranked NO.1 in NA. But with Parise last year you never know. ;)

I don't know.............He doesn't have the offense that some of the others have, probably because he's more of a defensive forward, 15-33-48.And most people have him ranked at about 17th overall............I think NJ might take him or move up a couple of spots to get him. Would be a good pick up and he fits right into their system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad