Proposal: njd toronto

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Umm ok, so the ice time leader of a top 7 team and being a 50+pt defenceman (who would be your 2nd leading scorer as a defenceman) gets thrown away by one game but a guy who disappears for half a season and a bottom pairing defenceman get a free pass? Solid analysis there Ace.

That's a fair enough assessment, but I'll counter by saying:

- The point totals can be deceptive, considering the offenses on the two teams.

- Devils need more solid shutdown defensive defensemen, not offensive defensemen.

- Gardiner's probably due for a raise after this season, which doesn't fit nicely into the Devils future cap plans.

- Bratt and Jacobs are cost controlled.

- I'm interested in the potential of Bratt and, to a lesser extent, Jacobs.

Perhaps I was too harsh on Gardiner (though he seems to be a whipping boy for a lot of your fans), but this doesn't make sense for the Devils imo.

Reactions: Atomos2

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.

- Devils need more solid shutdown defensive defensemen, not offensive defensemen.

- Gardiner's probably due for a raise after this season, which doesn't fit nicely into the Devils future cap plans.

Perhaps I was too harsh on Gardiner (though he seems to be a whipping boy for a lot of your fans), but this doesn't make sense for the Devils imo.
This is solid analysis.
the guy who almost literally **** the bed in the biggest game of his career?
This is not.
Ya, he picked a bad time for a bad game. But, some of it wouldn't have looked so bad had Andersen made a couple of makeable saves.

Jake is a bit challenged defensively but he's very good on the O side of the puck. And very much has value.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
toronto does not need wingers,

and good lord, jake gardner?....he was the one and only reason toronto lost game7 , why the heck would njd want him?...he is horrid

In all fairness....our goalie didn't exactly stand on his head in that game either....

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I know. His Devils fan-card will be revoked shortly for that.
Give this guy a break Leafs fans....that game 7 victory over Toronto is his Stanley Cup this season. Let him have his Leaf bashing therapy, without it he will have to deal with Tampa making his team their bitch.

Reactions: ACC1224

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Anish usually assumes the worst when it comes to the Leafs, we're not even sure he is a Leaf fan.
Jvr leaving wouldn't be 'the worst' for leaf fans. After their comments of 'hes sheltered' and 'he's one dimensional' and 'he's only good infront of the net', it would be quite pathetic for them to be sad about him leaving. They are already saying kapanen and Johnson, two guys with less than 70 games of NHL experience, will replace a guy who scored half of that number this season.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

This is a way more sound analysis and I totally agree. Everyone is looking for those shutdown defenders as are we so they're tough to find. And Gardiner isn't a desirable asset with his pending UFA status next year. Hopefully we can find a better trade partner for Gardiner who is more ready to contend for a cup. Probably Pittsburgh or San Jose.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Give this guy a break Leafs fans....that game 7 victory over Toronto is his Stanley Cup this season. Let him have his Leaf bashing therapy, without it he will have to deal with Tampa making his team their *****.
Living the dream through another team (Tampa) = admitting that your team is inferior to mine. Good for you for admitting that.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Living the dream through another team (Tampa) = admitting that your team is inferior to mine. Good for you for admitting that.
We lost, i admit it. Funny thing is you won't find me in a Boston Bruins thread saying things like "they had a 3-1 lead and we took them to game 7!! Derp Derp"....you know why? Because we lost....and it's over. Time to think about your team going forward.

But as i said, if Leafs bashing gives you even 1 iota of happiness, then carry on.:thumbu:

Reactions: iSophagus

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm not as high on Bratt as some Devils fan as he did appear overwhelmed the 2nd half of the season when he didn't have as much time and space. That being said, you don't trade a 19 year old who flashed like he did in the 1st half of the year for a defender with 1 year remaining on his contract. Jacobs doesnt matter in this deal and is more of a throw in.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
pass from Toronto, I think we should be trading Gardiner but I'd be looking for either the roster piece that we need (top pairing RHD) or non-roster assets that are liquid enough to make a subsequent trade (picks, prospects). I doubt that we get the first one, so I'd be looking for the 2nd, as mentioned by others we don't need a winger as we finally have scoring line spaces for our kids to compete for

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Marleau
Hyman
Johnsson
Grundstrom
Leivo
Martin
Engvall

We good. pass.
Value wise Bratt > any listed players

Ability wise Bratt > any listed players aside from marleau (we’ll see by the end of next season, one going up one going down)

But yeah, devils wouldn’t do this. Bratt really came out of nowhere and looked special at times this year, we aren’t trading a 19 year old who had a very successful rookie year for gardiner

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Jvr leaving wouldn't be 'the worst' for leaf fans. After their comments of 'hes sheltered' and 'he's one dimensional' and 'he's only good infront of the net', it would be quite pathetic for them to be sad about him leaving. They are already saying kapanen and Johnson, two guys with less than 70 games of NHL experience, will replace a guy who scored half of that number this season.
who btw are they?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
who btw are they?
leaffever for sure (guy overrates everybody), sticky111 and gary nylund i'm fairly sure of

i can't recall the names because there are too many of them but i know for a fact that many leaf posters say the things i listed and will not miss him.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
leaffever for sure (guy overrates everybody), sticky111 and gary nylund i'm fairly sure of

i can't recall the names because there are too many of them but i know for a fact that many leaf posters say the things i listed and will not miss him.
you do understand that posters on a Leafs chat board do not run the team, nor are the arbiters of line-up decisions....groupthink makes nothing so

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
It will be funny when Gardiner starts playing for another team how quickly his value and image will change... lol

Reactions: Nizdizzle

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
then why say it as some sort of validation to back up your notion
i never said it as "some sort of validation to back up [my] notion". i was responding to someone else who called me out on me "assum[ing] the worst when it comes to the Leafs". i was involved in two different conversations. you got them mixed up as one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->