Confirmed Trade: [NJD/OTT] Jayce Hawryluk for future considerations

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Utica needed reinforcements. AHL trade deadline is today correct ? After the 743 players moved in the Meier trade we needed more bodies in the A and ECHL

Yep, it's the AHL trade deadline. It's interesting watching Belleville ship guys out and Utica bring guys in. Meanwhile, Amerk fans watch... and wait... and wait...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yep, it's the AHL trade deadline. It's interesting watching Belleville ship guys out and Utica bring guys in. Meanwhile, Amerk fans watch... and wait... and wait...

I hope you're not getting deja vu from the NHL deadline. ;)

EDIT: Wait, you guys got Greenway in the end.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was thinking maybe they need to send Belleville an ice cream cake like last year for a player this time.

I missed that story!

The Senators' season-ending win over Toronto gave Rochester a last-minute clinch of a playoff berth. The Buffalo Sabres' AHL affiliate sent the Senators an ice cream cake as a good luck charm before the game but will now take on the B-Sens in the North Division first round.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I always thought this guy had NHL potential to be one of those 3rd/4th liners that other teams hate to play against and still chips in some offense. Didn't pan out that way.

Reactions: Digable5

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hawryluk played a few games for the Vancouver Canucks a few years ago

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Played 98 NHL games before heading to Sweden but just 19 games with Belleville this year.

Is this due to injury or has his game never developed as hoped?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Played 98 NHL games before heading to Sweden but just 19 games with Belleville this year.

Is this due to injury or has his game never developed as hoped?
I guess it's more of the latter. I am in the minority who liked him in Vancouver. He is more of a skill guy who only ever gets bottom-six type minutes, but at the same time I guess he can't hold a top-6 role in the NHL down.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Ottawa has had a lot of tweeners come up over the last 5-10 years... Hawryluk was one of the less out of place guys in that category. I think injuries have really hampered him, but he does have some NHL ability. Gritty, hard-working, good skater, some skill. If he was a bit bigger he could probably be a regular 4th liner.

I'm guessing these moves have just been about doing the players a solid, but I do wonder if we will look at adding a goalie with the newfound salary. The B-Sens are one of the lowest spending teams in the league, and the two guys dealt make a combined 300k (which is, like, 1/5th of their total salary expenditure).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad