Confirmed Trade: [NJD/NYI] Devils trade Tyce Thompson to Islanders for Arnaud Durandeau

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm old school too but sometimes changing with the times is essential

i'm pretty sure Mike Reilly isn't going to make any of the top D think they are in jeopardy, and whatever this new Thompson who is on board isn't gonna motivate Capades Barzal to stop capadesing or make any of the guys on the 4th line think they are in danger

I don't know why the deal was made but if Uncle Louie truly thinks stuff like this motivates guys to play better, he is dumber than I thought
it is how he operated with every team he ran, He called them his warning shots

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I will always remember Tyce getting absolutely fed in a game against the Amerks last season:

Kozak isn't even 6' and might be 180 lbs soaking wet.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
If Durandeau produces in Utica then NJ should keep him, he won’t be a veteran and they have contract spots they aren’t using.
He has just one goal in 12 gamed for Bridgeport this year. Any reason for the slump and any reason to believe he will produce better with the Comets?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
He has just one goal in 12 gamed for Bridgeport this year. Any reason for the slump and any reason to believe he will produce better with the Comets?

I have no idea why he’s slumped. Unlike Utica, Bridgeport doesn’t post the team’s lines for every game so I don’t even know who he played with. Obviously if he doesn’t turn his season around and produce then it’s very unlikely he gets signed. He did put up good numbers last season, so he’s capable of it.

Bridgeport is even worse offensively than Utica, 38 goals in 18 GP vs 44 goals in 15 GP, so who knows what Durandeau was working with or what he can do. (I mean some people might know but I don’t.)

Thompson got dropped to the 3rd-4th line after the first two games. He got bumped back up starting Nov 18 for a few games and maybe his performance then was the last straw.

Utica has gone 11/7 four times in 15 games, and is light on scoring forward talent, so what constitutes a scoring line for them is a bit hypothetical.

Nolan Foote and Brian Halonen have yet to play this season due to injury. Utica had an underwhelming forward core coming in but losses due to early injuries and call-ups haven’t helped.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I have no idea why he’s slumped. Unlike Utica, Bridgeport doesn’t post the team’s lines for every game so I don’t even know who he played with. Obviously if he doesn’t turn his season around and produce then it’s very unlikely he gets signed. He did put up good numbers last season, so he’s capable of it.

Bridgeport is even worse offensively than Utica, 38 goals in 18 GP vs 44 goals in 15 GP, so who knows what Durandeau was working with or what he can do. (I mean some people might know but I don’t.)

Thompson got dropped to the 3rd-4th line after the first two games. He got bumped back up starting Nov 18 for a few games and maybe his performance then was the last straw.

Utica has gone 11/7 four times in 15 games, and is light on scoring forward talent, so what constitutes a scoring line for them is a bit hypothetical.

Nolan Foote and Brian Halonen have yet to play this season due to injury. Utica had an underwhelming forward core coming in but losses due to early injuries and call-ups haven’t helped.
Well part of Bridgeport not scoring is the fact Durandeau isn’t. He might have benefited a lot from Terry and Andreoff on the PP.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad