Confirmed with Link: [NJD/MIN] Loov for Bertschy and Lucia

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
second-order-information.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
These guys better be good!

Loov is who we acquired in exchange for the legendary Russian Olympian Sergey Kalinin!

I'm really hoping we won this deal, but I have my doubts....

This could completely negate the Larsson for Hall deal and set the franchise back another decade.

Couldn't we have at least gotten back Reid Boucher for Loov?

Reactions: My3Sons

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bertschy is a skilled, lightweight player with some speed. Sort of a tweener.

Lucia was the biggest disappointment. MNHS star, was great in junior (BCHL), but ran into injury problems at Notre Dame and never really advanced. Has been mediocre in the AHL, considering expectations. Big guy, with a good shot and a scorer's mentality. Feet are slow. Son of long time MN Gophers coach, Don Lucia. Just never developed. I think he was projected to be a top 9 power forward in the NHL.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
...and just badly spelled. When I first read it online I thought Sven Baertschi??!?! AWESOME!
Between that and Lucia looking like ''Lucic'' when you look real quick. This could easily give someone a heart attack thinking we traded for Lucic and that contract that's gonna be a problem after a couple years!:laugh:

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Between that and Lucia looking like ''Lucic'' when you look real quick. This could easily give someone a heart attack thinking we traded for Lucic and that contract that's gonna be a problem after a couple years!:laugh:
Off topic: That poses an interesting question. At what salary retained would it be worth it to have Lucic here? Just for imaginations sake assuming we have cheap extra assets to send to Edmonton in return.
In reality I want no part of him here no matter the cost.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Off topic: That poses an interesting question. At what salary retained would it be worth it to have Lucic here? Just for imaginations sake assuming we have cheap extra assets to send to Edmonton in return.
Honestly, I wouldn’t be open to it at all, just because of the term.

He’s been fine there these first two years, but he has 4 years left after this and he’s already an slower player and older than his actual age. Having to commit to him for another several years before the next CBA gives us an amnesty buyout or two could be painful.

Reactions: Dialamo

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
No. Do not sign power forwards to long term contracts or trade for them after they turn 30.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad