Confirmed with Link: [NJD/FLA] Marc Savard and 2018 2nd rounder for Paul Thompson and Graham Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Palmieri 5.125
Schlemko 2.5
DSP 2.0
Merrill 1.75
Boucher 1.5
Josefson 1.125
Kalinin 0.95

= 14.95

Gives us 16.94 in summer cap space and 25.835 in real cap space when the season starts and LTIR happens.

We could easily throw around serious money this summer, enough to sign Okposo AND Goligoski if we really wanted to.

I think your figures are around what we'll see. Although I think both Merrill and Josefson will be getting slightly less than that, but not not much of a difference.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
When I got home after work, I took a nap for about 2 hours or so. I might have had a dream that Graham Black was put back into the draft this year. Now I know that Graham Black is too old to go back into the draft, but dreams are so weird like that.

I definitely had a dream about Black that he was put back into the draft, I just can't remember if it was just now or if it was last night or the night before. Since I have so much trouble remembering when dreams took place. It was definitely in the last two days though. Just thought that was kind of funny with what just happened.

I had a weird dream once where I was excited about the new Devils album, like they were a musical entity :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I had a weird dream once where I was excited about the new Devils album, like they were a musical entity :laugh:

Dreams are very strange like that. I've had too many where one person was in my dream, though it really wound up being another. And with other things that made no sense.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
So instead of trying to land a big name free agent with our cap room, we land another dead contract and a 2nd rounder 2 years from now.

I must be the only one scratching my head at this. We have/had the 3rd most cap room in the league (either 3rd or 5th to my knowledge) and you're telling me we couldn't chase a Backes or Ladd or Okposo? That with all that cap room we couldn't kick the tires on Stamkos? Instead we trade for someone who can't even play anymore?

Yeah. Sorry, allow me to plead ignorance here because I don't get this at all.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So instead of trying to land a big name free agent with our cap room, we land another dead contract and a 2nd rounder 2 years from now.

I must be the only one scratching my head at this. We have/had the 3rd most cap room in the league (either 3rd or 5th to my knowledge) and you're telling me we couldn't chase a Backes or Ladd or Okposo? That with all that cap room we couldn't kick the tires on Stamkos? Instead we trade for someone who can't even play anymore?

It's not July 1 or even the draft yet...how do you know we're not going after those players? This contract doesn't prevent us from theoretically doing anything we could do.

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Taking on Datsyuk wouldn't necessarily prevent you from going after anybody. Savard's cap hit would essentially disappear on LTIR with Clowe's.

Albeit, it would be a tough sell to recruit most of the prime free agents who probably won't have a team that hasn't made the playoffs in four seasons very high on their list.

And we'd be wary of overspending on a 2nd tier free agent just because we have cap space a la Buffalo with Ville Leino. We would be able to get a free asset for Datsyuk. Say hypothetically you get a 2nd round round pick, you might be able to trade that pick down the line to get a playoff rental or maybe another Palmieri type guy.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

you do know free agency isn't for 2 weeks

right?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm still kinda sad that we gave up on Graham Black and Paul Thompson, who was not given a fair chance by Shero and Hynes, despite his amazing 14-15 AHL season and playing Brian O'Neal instead.

But let us rejoice in the fact that we still own the rights of Alexander Urbom for one more year, unless Shero goes and ****s that **** up just like Lou did at the beginning of the 13-14 season.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
I'm still kinda sad that we gave up on Graham Black and Paul Thompson, who was not given a fair chance by Shero and Hynes, despite his amazing 14-15 AHL season and playing Brian O'Neal instead.

But let us rejoice in the fact that we still own the rights of Alexander Urbom for one more year, unless Shero goes and ****s that **** up just like Lou did at the beginning of the 13-14 season.

Black and Thompson were going nowhere. This makes room for new and current players while adding a pick.

What makes you bring up Urbom?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Black and Thompson were going nowhere. This makes room for new and current players while adding a pick.

What makes you bring up Urbom?

You're right, I was just being a goof. I also misspelled Brian O'Neill's last name as well.

But Urbom is still the GOAT defense prospect though. Tyler Eckford being a VERY close second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad