Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson ‎- Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
True but if I remember correctly he was about 100 turnovers pr season so it didn't landed on the 45 he was on pace for but it did get a lot better then the other years. But with maturity comes a more well rounded game. Remember what we need is pure offense from the 5 vs 5 even strength play and that he can provide.
You're getting an amazing player who isn't a genuine leader and dials down his play once the playoffs are out of reach.

As long as you're in it, you're getting an absolute beast of a player. Palmieri and Henrique are going to love playing with him.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
You're getting an amazing player who isn't a genuine leader and dials down his play once the playoffs are out of reach.

As long as you're in it, you're getting an absolute beast of a player. Palmieri and Henrique are going to love playing with him.

I don't know if Hall would dial back when playoffs were out of reach. Some of the more productive hockey our kids managed was typically in the last few weeks of the year when there was nothing to lose. Hall had been a steady producer throughout the season every year for the Oilers except for this last season.

For this year I think it was a combination of factors, first being Drai running out of gas after having to be a #1C and not having the endurance necessary for a full year grind with that kind of responsibility. Also, I think it took away from Hall's game a bit to have to take a back seat to McDavid. Hall wants to be "the guy", he wants everything out on the ice to flow through him. He wants the tap on the shoulder for the important offensive zone starts and everyone getting the puck to him, and to be the focal point of the PP. McDavid took that away and it it took away from Hall's game. That's not going to be a concern at all in New Jersey, he will be "the guy" again there.

Last edited:

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Have to agree here. If anything, playing in NJ will hurt his production. I will be shocked if he matches his production of years past. Not bashing NJ, they just don't play an offensive system and Hall will not have the same talent to play with.

See posts like this are just ridiculously uninformed. Palmieri comes over from Anaheim and has a career year in the supposed not offensive system and pots 30 goals and 57 points. Am I to expect that Hall won't be able match his production of years passed with three other 30 goal scorers playing on the team?

Just because the Devils had a hard time scoring does not mean they'e not playing an offensive system. Some of the talent they did have to help offensively was hurt, some of them were rookies and eventually hit a dry spell. The rest of the team were pretty much useless grinder types.

But yea, I guess they are still the same trap team since 95......:laugh:

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Devils will never shake the trap image but it's whatever. Hell when we won the cup in 2000 we had the second most goals in the league, then led the league in 2001. It's ok though, nothing says ignorance like fans/commentators/analysts that still bring up the trap as if we still play it.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
See posts like this are just ridiculously uninformed. Palmieri comes over from Anaheim and has a career year in the supposed not offensive system and pots 30 goals and 57 points. Am I to expect that Hall won't be able match his production of years passed with three other 30 goal scorers playing on the team?

Just because the Devils had a hard time scoring does not mean they'e not playing an offensive system. Some of the talent they did have to help offensively was hurt, some of them were rookies and eventually hit a dry spell. The rest of the team were pretty much useless grinder types.

But yea, I guess they are still the same trap team since 95......:laugh:

Well.... no offence here but...

Palmieri didn't really get that type of performance until NJ (due to lack of depth) gave him a top 6 role.

Same thing with Stempniak...was given a larger role, more minutes = more production...

New Jersey has always struck me as the type of team that showcases players due to lack of depth. These players do better because they don't really have a lot of offensive talent to slot into a top 6. Didn't the same thing happen with DSP too? I can't remember....

Anyways I expect hall to do very well in NJ...

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Well.... no offence here but...

Palmieri didn't really get that type of performance until NJ (due to lack of depth) gave him a top 6 role.

Same thing with Stempniak...was given a larger role, more minutes = more production...

New Jersey has always struck me as the type of team that showcases players due to lack of depth. These players do better because they don't really have a lot of offensive talent to slot into a top 6. Didn't the same thing happen with DSP too? I can't remember....

Anyways I expect hall to do very well in NJ...

It's not really lack of depth. Until last year, I'd say we ONLY had depth. Players have come here recently and done well in top-line roles because we lack top end talent, not depth. Palmieri got the opportunity to play top 6 minutes and shined. Same with Stempniak and DSP to an extent.

Even before adding Hall, going into this season.. I felt fairly good about the forward group. We seem to have a lot of depth now and our bottom 6 is completely overhauled. We were one of the few teams in the league to have 2 30 goal scorers (and could have had a 3rd if Cammalleri stayed healthy) so our top 6 really wasn't a problem. Our bottom 6 was atrocious, however.

This year, our bottom 6 will likely feature 4-5 players who weren't on the NHL roster to begin last year. Adding Hall gives us the extra bonus of being able to bump all our LW down a peg, meaning potentially having Cammalleri on a 2nd line and Boucher on the 3rd line (unless one shifts to RW to play on the top line). It will be better and depending on Zacha's play on the 3rd line, could be great.

We won't be leading the league in scoring any time soon but I think that with Hall and the rest of our work over the last few years coming to some fruition this season.. I'd bet we will be closer to average than last... which will be perfectly fine with Schneider. We'll likely drop off in GA a bit too with losing Larsson so we'll see if its enough.

Best part is we are very quickly becoming one of the fastest teams in the league. We'll likely not get credit for awhile but Hynes system preaches speed and we have a lot of it + added another speedster in McLeod this draft. Our transition game has really suffered in past years and scoring off odd man rushes has been a weakness.. so this will help us drastically.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hall is a very good player!

Come on man. You are a Leaf fan, you really telling me you don't remember the feeling of this time of year when your high hopes are official dead? You are going to beat this dead horse? Bad trades happen. At least they got a core player for them out of it unlike something like a Seguin deal where they have nothing to show for it.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Such a bad trade..... Bad is the wrong word.

This trade is almost throw up in your own mouth territory...

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
unnamed1.jpg

Reactions: bigtim1988
Feb 24, 2017
But this bad?
It’s quite bad, no question. But I mean like at least Larsson isn’t a complete joke and can be played on your top pairing and not shit his pants. I know that’s not the highest of praise, compared to a top line driving mvp candidate, but it maybe could have been worse? Like if benning and ciarelli got one another all riled up while negotiating it together against shero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->