Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
This is a horrible trade for Edm but Montreal made it look better because their trade was even worse.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Salivating at a Klefbom-Larsson pairing.

It's not amazing value for Hall, but we needed a young Dman, and Larsson is a good one. Klefbom was on the cusp of being a #2 Dman before he got injured, and I'm convinced he's establish himself this season. Larsson had amazing advanced stats last season, and we'll finally have a top pairing next season. FINALLY. Moving Hall is worth having a top pairing.

Love that Gregor is ripping the org on the radio, though, regarding keeping Lowe, Howson, and the other bunch of losers for YEARS -- and that is ALL on the owner, Katz, who is a ****ing joke. LONG LONG overdue that someone ripped them on the radio. Lowe should've been fired a LONG time ago, and he's not the only one. Katz is the only moron that would keep these jokers for so long, and they are STILL employed. What a joke.

Inf123

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
just a horrible trade. The 2M they save on cap better not go straight to lucic and they sign him to 6m or higher

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I guess Taylor Hall's value wasn't as high as some were speculating. Larsson is a good young d-man, but straight up for Taylor Hall? Ouch.

DMR

Apr 29, 2010
McDavid to Calgary for a bag of magic beans to be reported shortly. Book it.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
This trade made it in before Hockey's Future closes for good (7/1/16).

I'll clarify for those who didn't know this was happening, the message boards will remain in tact for now but Hockey's Future is gone the day after tomorrow.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Chiarelli obviously looking at this as Larsson + Lucic for Hall. Still. Should've had another piece coming the Oilers way. Goes to show you the value of wingers versus defenseman in this league.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Devils won the trade, but people (especially Oilers fans) are really undervaluing and under appreciating Larsson. The guy is an elite defensive defenseman who will get more point playing behind a competent offense, as his passing is very good. He'll never be an end to end rush guy, but he's a solid top pairing defenseman.

Reactions: koyvoo

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I guess Taylor Hall's value wasn't as high as some were speculating. Larsson is a good young d-man, but straight up for Taylor Hall? Ouch.

One of the top wingers in the league, his value was high, Chiarelli's just an idiot imo and also moved the wrong guy.

Man I'm angry for them and I'm not even an Oilers fan especially if Lucis is the replacement.

The Blue Llama

May 16, 2009
Minnesota
HA! Edmonton fans finally realize 1) your slew of 1st OA's are vastly overrated, and 2) Defencemen hold more values than wingers/ forwards.

That said, Chia couldn't have gotten better than Larsson for Hall??????????????

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Adam Larsson is good and all but Hall is a top 10 LW easily. I dont know Chia. Chia got more for Seguin if you sit and think about it. How perfect is it that im looking outside my office window and the clouds are dark as hell and lightning bolts every 20 seconds haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad