Proposal: NJD - CAR

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Swap Hanifin for Faulk and maybe the Canes do your 1st deal. Hanifin doesn’t move without an equal quality piece coming back.

Faulk + Darling for Severson + Schneider

You are suggesting the Canes move Hanifin for a lower-quality Faulk replacement which would require then moving Faulk for a mystery box and create a big hole on the 2nd pairing. It makes no sense. Severson isn’t a valuable asset to Carolina, they are already trying to trade away one #3 RHD who is inconsistent defensively.

That doesn't work for NJ then. The difference between Faulk and Severson isn't nearly as big it is between Schneider and Darling. Just like Faulk had a down year last season so did Severson but before that he was looking like a very good top 4 D, a #3 type 9n a good deal. I think the downgrade from Faulk to him isn't as huge as you think if he bounces back. He's better in his own end so you gain there but lose offensively. I also don't think Hanafin will ever fully develop in Carolina with Slavin there blocking him from being a top pair guy. That's why I wouldn't be as opposed to move him and one of Fluery/Bean could be a good top 4 guy to fill that gap. This deal gets you that goalie you're after and not one who hasn't been the #1 either.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
NJ really missed out in not taking Werenski or Provorov instead of Zacha.

Canes might not be a match, but lots of teams are looking for RHD so DS should garner interest. What about DS for Klefbom?

NJ gets the LHD they want, Oilers get the PP QB RHD they want.

Just spitballin'.

Reactions: SvechniCanesCup2019

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
NJ really missed out in not taking Werenski or Provorov instead of Zacha.

Canes might not be a match, but lots of teams are looking for RHD so DS should garner interest. What about DS for Klefbom?

NJ gets the LHD they want, Oilers get the PP QB RHD they want.

Just spitballin'.

I'd probably do it

Severson isn't a true PP QB though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->