Proposal: NJ - Mtl

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
That’s not a compelling offer. Devils pass.

I’m also not sure if MTL even needs Palmieri. He seems very redundant on a team that already has Josh Anderson and Tyler Toffoli.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
It’s tough with MTL because I’m hoping it’s a 1st + B prospect or 2nd + VERY good prospect and i just think MTL prospect pool is in a weird spot. They have some top end talent who are worth more than Palms but then there’s a pretty size able gap after that with prospect talent and who I think Palms is worth more. Maybe a 1st + Brook? Idk i don’t think we’re the best trade partners

Palmieri isn't worth a 1st + a prospect of that grade. He's had a bad season, he woN,t fetch that much, especially with the ED.

2nd + B prospect maybe? Hell we've been tole Danault can,t get a 1st + b prospect, how the hell is Palmieri worth more than Danault?

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Palmieri isn't worth a 1st + a prospect of that grade. He's had a bad season, he woN,t fetch that much, especially with the ED.

2nd + B prospect maybe? Hell we've been tole Danault can,t get a 1st + b prospect, how the hell is Palmieri worth more than Danault?
are you seriously asking that? you are really asking how Palmeiri is worth more than Danault?

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

What does the expansion draft have to do with it? Palmieri is an expiring free agent.

In fact, I think that might actually help him return a 1st round pick. Players with term (i.e., Rakell) are probably unattractive to teams that don't have protection slots to spare. If those players stay put, Palmieri suddenly becomes a premiere rental.

If I'm not mistaken, Danault has been pretty forthright that he wants a top-6 role. If a team views him as a long-term 2C, he may well get a 1st. If teams aren't able to accommodate that wish (which I suspect to be the case), they won't like their chances of extending him and they might be hesitant to pay a 1st.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
No he won't.
Well with argument how can I disagree with a Habs fan.

The rental market always brings out overpayment of players. And we can debate if NJD have to retain salary, and I sure all Devils fans will be happy to retain to get a 1 +. Palmieri historically last 6 years legit 25 goal scorer*(previous 5 years 30,26,24,27,25) history legit .7 ppg player, and not a one way player you have to shield away from the other team's first line. If you want a perfect fit for Boston's 2nd line he is it. If Isles want to compete they have to add a 20+ goal scorer with Lee injury. Hall's salary is so bad and his whopping TWO GOALS SCORED with lots of assists shows how overrated he is. He won't get a 1 unless Jersey is taking some albatross contract back. Rakell is good. has another year, and salary is nice, but not a 25 goal guy(with one year exception).

It takes one gm to overpay and give up a 1 for Savard or Palmieri. If I am Devils I am asking 1 and 3 (which was Hayes value not too long ago as a rental). By all means discuss if your team is close enough whether you should give up a 1. If is more than fair to say I won't pay that. By all means criticize the gm that pays that and complain they overpaid. But to say a five time 24 goal scorer will get a 2 and meh is just denial.

Last edited:

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
As a Habs fan I have very little interest in Palmieri. Their main focus should be on a top four LD. That is what I would trade assets for.

Now I will admit that I have watched minimal Devils games this season. I am only stat watching here but Palmieri is only at half PPG (34-8-9-17) on the year. I would rather take the chance and call up Caufield for free as opposed to trading a 1st plus to get a few months out of Palmieri.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2